[[Template core/front/global/utilitiesMenu does not exist. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]
  • Announcements

• Dave Ambrose

Board Status   07/20/2018

Maintenance completed, but there is still more come.
Greg Myers

Someone say "D" Type ?

2 hours ago, Erik Smith said:

I’d love to see one in person for scale - looks big until you see somebody in the cockpit. 

Dtype2.jpg

...she wasn't supermodel-tall... the D-type is pretty petite.

best,

M.

23 hours ago, Matt Bacon said:

That is truly beautiful, Bill, and inspirational!

These days, though the internet is a fabulous resource, you can probably get away with one book (for the model at least, history is another matter...):

51bxxGAeiiL._AC_US436_QL65_.jpg

http://amzn.eu/8Y0scDb

Came out last year: I bought mine for £6 in a "remaindered" book shop in the Autumn...

best,

M.

Oooooh! I gotta grab that book! That would also come in handy for the "street" XKSS! B)

On 2/16/2018 at 8:03 AM, Ace-Garageguy said:

Stunning model Mr. Geary, and always inspiring every time I see it...:D

But he didn't scuff the tire tread!  Just kidding - it is a gorgeous model.

I think that Fisher make a resin kerbside kit of the D Type in 24th scale. Got a feeling that they make a Briggs Cunningham Special in same scale. I had the Lindberg one some time ago, and agree it is not much more than a slot car shell. Can see why cross kitting with the Revell C type looks feasable to kitbash. The D Type is such an iconic Le Mans racer that I am surprised that it has not been kitted with full engine detail by one of the mainstream kit manufacturers.

Edited by Bugatti Fan

22 hours ago, Bugatti Fan said:

I think that Fisher make a resin kerbside kit of the D Type in 24th scale. Got a feeling that they make a Briggs Cunningham Special in same scale. I had the Lindberg one some time ago, and agree it is not much more than a slot car shell. Can see why cross kitting with the Revell C type looks feasable to kitbash. The D Type is such an iconic Le Mans racer that I am surprised that it has not been kitted with full engine detail by one of the mainstream kit manufacturers.

http://fishermodels.indiemade.com/product/d-type-jaguar-1955-124?tid=2

http://fishermodels.indiemade.com/product/cunningham-c4r-195354-124?tid=2

I forgot to mention that Merit in the UK did a kerbside D Type way back in the 1960's. Sometimes they come up on EBay.