Model Cars Magazine Forum

Fujiya 13-degree Super-Sharp Sprue Cutter

15 hours ago, David said:

Has anyone tried these sprue cutters or have another brand to recommend?  The photos and video on Micro-Marks site for the Fujiya show really smooth cuts.

https://www.micromark.com/Fujiya-13-degree-Super-Sharp-Sprue-Cutter

TIA

David

I just got these, they are even better than the God Head ones.....well worth the money!!

DSCF5300.JPG

DSCF5302.JPG

DSCF5303.JPG

12 hours ago, Bainford said:

That Dspiae nipper looks like a great took. I checked out their website but it was mostly in Japanese, couldn't get a handle on how to order. Where did you get yours?

Hey, Trevor!, I got mine on ebay from Artisanhobby.....$38 if I remember right!   They ARE the best nippers out there now. God Heads wear-out quicker. These literally cut like its going through butter!!......even with the fragile clear plastic sprus!! It comes with a torque-bit driver to adjust the "stopper" to where you like it, but it comes factory ready to snip. Obviously the stopper keeps one from smashing the blade, and dulling it.......They are BRILLIANT!!  -Oh, and I almost forgot to tell you another HUGE bonus to these....they are designed to stop parts from flying to the carpet monster.....and they don't!

12 hours ago, aurfalien said:

Hi,

I wonder how both these cutters stack up to Tamiyas as I have both kinds.

tamiya_74045.jpg

61h-C3vFM-L._SL1500_.jpg

Hate to say it, bud, but the Tamiya ones aren't as good. They tend to "stress" the plastic, and toward the end of the cut, smash, and rip the part off, plus, because of the double blade cutting, it tends to launch parts. I,ve watched ALOT of people testing/comparing various brands, and the top one WAS god head until these came along. I heard about mine on a youtube channel; Flory Models....great channel!.....also got my high-tech seam scraping tool from there as well.

4 hours ago, Dann Tier said:

They ARE the best nippers out there now. These literally cut like its going through butter! They are BRILLIANT!!

+1 here. Got a set for Christmas and they are amazing. You literally can't feel them slicing through the sprue. And they're fine and sharp enough to cut horizontally through the nubbins if your sprue is attached to the joining surface rather than the outside edge of the part, like Tamiya do a lot these days...

best,

M.

3 hours ago, peter31a said:

A lot of us have been getting similar cutters from Wave. We reference the same thing "Like cutting through butter". Also there is a set of cutters called Godhand nippers.

Lol!.....you are right .....I've been saying it wrong this whole BLAH_BLAH_BLAH_BLAH time...LMFAO!!.....sorry guys!