Model Cars Magazine Forum

Revell '64 Fleetside - all finished up!

Well it’s finally done! The Revell 1964 Chevy Fleetside is the first pickup truck kit that I’ve ever built, although I do have many others in the stash. It was similar to a car, which was nice, but it was also a nice break, with some distinct differences  in build order and challenges.

I was originally attracted to this kit because it was something different from what I normally build, and I figured it would give me a chance to paint something in nice, ‘60s colours and with some chrome on it. I’m not that used to chrome, since so much of my stuff is 80’s-era, wherein all trim was blacked out to be “Euro style”.

I have to say I’m very pleased with the result, although it wasn’t as easy to achieve as I might have thought it would be, given how relatively simple the build looked. Still, it’s one of the most eye-catching pieces in my display, and I enjoyed having something with whitewalls and chrome.  Check out the build, with more pictures, at the link below. Let me know what you think, as always!

https://adamrehorn.wordpress.com/model-kits/cars/revell-1-25-1964-chevy-fleetside/

1964-chevy-fleetside-099.jpg?w=400

Edited by Faust

Thanks a lot, guys!

I'm glad that you guys all like it, and that my attention to detail shows through! I really find the white around the grille to be a... strange thing. it's a weird place to just randomly put another colour of paint, but it looks good on a two-toned truck!

I'm also glad that you think it looks dealer-fresh, Keith. That's exactly what I was going for!