[[Template core/front/global/utilitiesMenu does not exist. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]
  • Announcements

• Dave Ambrose

Board Status   07/20/2018

Maintenance completed, but there is still more come.
Sign in to follow this  
George Bojaciuk

‘77 MPC Ventura Hood

Any help is appreciated. Would like to complete a kit for a fellow builder. Stock hood.

Edited by George Bojaciuk

BA5CA992-FD81-41AC-AF2E-00062B3522AB.jpeg.c050d0d503de221ec1e80f9759b9e307.jpeg16F2B14F-9E4C-431A-AB0F-BE785DD31519.jpeg.2057fa884bf109f4e473293e72628ea3.jpegIf it's MPC, it should drop right on. Someone sent me a pic of  a '75 hood. It has the cutout for the shaker scoop. The '77 has this filled in with a scribe on the underside. SMH has a Busch series car with a stock hood. I've asked him if he'd sell me just the hood. He will not. I emailed him back and asked if his caster would make me a few hoods. Awaiting an answer. There are a few people who would want the stock flat hood. GM X bodies shared many similar parts.

I have Shaker for the ‘71. It’s slightly smaller and based off the AMT. Different  curvature at the cowl.

However, thanks for the tip! I’m restoring a ‘71 into a SD455. (AMT kit) At least I know I can get some replacement parts if needed!!!!

sorry not much of a Pontiac guy, just remembered seeing it on Hart's site and thought it night be close

No apologies!!!

.....if I should screw up any of those parts, I now know I can get them!!!! Appreciate the info!!!

I need this hood too. These are my favorite years, I plan on building this car. This is one that GM missed the boat on IMO... Pontiac should've produced these. This is just a concept car.

318599.jpg

OMG! That is wicked nice!

I have a caster that can do these. I just need the solid hood and now the cut out one. I don't want to take anyone's out of a pristine kit, just in case. You know what I mean!

As I said before the '77 MPC hood is scribed on the underside. If I can get one of those and make copies, both are now possible. 

Check your parts boxes, please!!!!

Could you imagine this thing with a 400 and a 4 speed?... that would've been Awesome! White interior on black and gold, what a combination! This a project I have goin on too a phantom 77 GTO Judge...

Resized_20171116_160918.jpeg

DT00156-lrg.jpg

I’m purposely keeping this thread open. I’m awaiting my castings to show you!

E03911EA-9062-4070-B013-D9EBCC5691CA.thumb.jpeg.ef61b3b02533f8ac33523a1f40d5ac89.jpeg

My hoods arrived and I couldn’t be more pleased!

I cleaned and primed one for the guy I owed one to and another was cleaned with the original.

Both are ready to go!

Greg Wann did these for me! Big thanks to him and Bill Sharpe for providing a kit original.

Well...this ended well. Hoods were picked up at the P.O. and everyone is pleased. Just a big thanks to everyone involved.