[[Template core/front/global/utilitiesMenu does not exist. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]
  • Announcements

• Dave Ambrose

Board Status   07/20/2018

Maintenance completed, but there is still more come.
Sign in to follow this  
89AKurt

VW Beetle photo-etch script?

Why has nobody done the "Volkswagen" hood script in photo-etch?  I see there are 3 different frets done by Highlight Model Studio (found at MegaHobby), most of the items are worthless accessories.
I have the '57 Oval Window conversion by Best Model Car Parts, found via MCM.  Doing my parent's car, pictures taken by dad, have a bunch more cool shots.

122.jpg

110.jpg

Here's a very long shot for you.  But I just checked my kit, and it does include 2 photo-etched "Volkswagen" script badges.  Also the VW badge for the front.  (And a photo-etch glasses frame for the resin anime girl in the kit.) 

It's Gunze-Sangyo 1/24 scale kit #332 (K2), released back in 1995.  This was a special edition that included the 2 resin girl figures.

The Gunze "High-Tech" VW Bug included a bigger sheet of photo-etch, and I think it also has the script badges.  The one photo I found was too small to tell.  Most Gunze VW kits have the script badge done as decals, if that helps any.

Maybe you can find somebody who wrecked a kit and still has the photo-etch, or is willing to sell/trade.

gs-1.JPG

Edited by Mike999
omit

On February 15, 2018 at 12:55 PM, Mike999 said:

Here's a very long shot for you.  But I just checked my kit, and it does include 2 photo-etched "Volkswagen" script badges.  Also the VW badge for the front.  (And a photo-etch glasses frame for the resin anime girl in the kit.) 

It's Gunze-Sangyo 1/24 scale kit #332 (K2), released back in 1995.  This was a special edition that included the 2 resin girl figures.

The Gunze "High-Tech" VW Bug included a bigger sheet of photo-etch, and I think it also has the script badges.  The one photo I found was too small to tell.  Most Gunze VW kits have the script badge done as decals, if that helps any.

Maybe you can find somebody who wrecked a kit and still has the photo-etch, or is willing to sell/trade.

Thanks for the tip!

Don't have the script, but how about the license plates? :)

5a8a73eb0e515_az56vw.jpg.d7ba9823329bf2b1bbb79533e0a4e303.jpg

Thanks for the great photos!

8 hours ago, 89AKurt said:

I don't think that version has the photo-etch. Maybe somebody else can help.  Here's a small pic of the High-Tech kit and its contents.  I just checked eBay and none of these have sold lately.  You can (barely) see the photo-etch sheet in the box, and on the boxtop art. Good luck!

vw_hitech.jpg

7 hours ago, ChrisBcritter said:

Don't have the script, but how about the license plates? :)

5a8a73eb0e515_az56vw.jpg.d7ba9823329bf2b1bbb79533e0a4e303.jpg

Thanks for the great photos!

Holy smokes, did not get that far yet, this is AWESOME!  Thank you!!

Now this is why I jump on stuff anymore.   I called Hobby Headquarters, to ask about that kit.  He said a "Volkswagen picker" came in this weekend, and cleaned him out, including that model.  What's wrong with these people?  :o