Model Cars Magazine Forum

Sorry, but that is darn ugly. Canadian variants tend to be cool in general IMO. But, the Mercury truck above? You did a nice job Glen, of building it. From that perspective it looks pretty good. It's just Fords styling department I question on this one. 

Edited by unclescott58

Considering the atrocious casting, it turned out fairly well. They're certainly more heavily ornamented than the same era Fords but don't look too bad in 1:1...

P5031285-vi.jpg

I've got a frontier resin '46 here that's a little nicer casting.

mike

Definitely a good job on the build.  I think what is throwing me off is the front appears to be sticking out too far beyond the fenders.  Looking at the 1:1 picture it looks as if the bottom of the front pan is flush with the bottom of the fender, and the resin body looks to be sticking out a scale 3-4 inches.

i think the ford of these years is tough to look at also with the jail break grille,  but i like different.  so i love em all.   im not sure of the bottom of the pan, didnt notice,  now i look it, may be optical.  if the ends of all the chrome bars were separated better and silver back to the body, it may look closer.  not sure   ive gotten some frontier stuff, not bad, few pieces look a little more challenging. actually havent tackled one of theirs yet.  wait i did 49 50 studebaker pickup, put 64 dodge chassie under it with the 426 engine, (all from maverick 64 kit)  ill be putting this up later today  thanx guys

20160512_212832.jpg