[[Template core/front/global/utilitiesMenu does not exist. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]
  • Announcements

• Dave Ambrose

Board Status   07/20/2018

Maintenance completed, but there is still more come.
donb

32 Ford Vicky - AMT

Been wanting to build this for awhile. Had a little HOK candy brandywine left from a previous build and decided to use it up. Cleared with auto urethane. Interior is white.  Carbs are painted copper to try to make the engine a little less bland.  Basically an out of box build. Pretty happy with it overall.

IMG_0813.JPG.d4609f69c71150e799df483ffc1b32e4.JPG

IMG_0815.JPG.db040d64d2db2cd001bf8fa37665f502.JPG

IMG_0816.JPG.a9f5370d9aa72478aaabe5375265bdbf.JPG

IMG_0817.JPG.e756fb73e95f664f45abbd97710e8fc5.JPG

IMG_0818.JPG.39c4bb30a4bc0053dc663b30012ab1ba.JPG

Comments welcome.

IMG_0812.JPG

Nice!  Has a great look and "feel" to it!  Your paintwork and color choices are excellent!  There's alot to like about this build!

Nice box art build. I recently bought the re-release of this kit and was disappointed it does not include the front spoke wheels that are shown on the box. It comes with 4 chrome Halibrand, 4 chrome Centerline and also stock wheels.

24 minutes ago, Phildaupho said:

Nice box art build. I recently bought the re-release of this kit and was disappointed it does not include the front spoke wheels that are shown on the box. It comes with 4 chrome Halibrand, 4 chrome Centerline and also stock wheels.

You must not have bought the current issue then. It has everything you see in Don's photos. This is the box to look for.

s-l300.jpg

Edited by Dave Darby

Pretty cool! These old-school retro builds are always fun, aren't they? 

Very nice build. The way you used different colors to show off the different components. Great looking color and finish on the body.  

Nice build of an old favorite...looks really nice in red!  What color of base did you use under the brandywine?

33 minutes ago, Flatout said:

Nice build of an old favorite...looks really nice in red!  What color of base did you use under the brandywine?

I used duplicolor champagne pearl. A GM color

Donald-I love it-everything is perfect-great shine-great color-congrats !!!

20 hours ago, donb said:

I used duplicolor champagne pearl. A GM color

Thanks Don...I liked your build so much I went to the LHS yesterday and bought 2 Lil Vicky kits😎

Edited by Flatout

Thanks everyone for the great comments. I appreciate it very much!

On ‎2018‎-‎02‎-‎17 at 9:20 AM, Phildaupho said:

Fake News!! I had another look through the kit and found the extra set of wheels. Don't know how I missed them the first time.

love this vick

my dad bought a '31 in '48

cost: 25.00

Real nice work. It's very cool how the improved tires we've been enjoying the last 5-6 years improve a model.