Model Cars Magazine Forum

Station Wagon Kits

hpiguy

On 2/17/2018 at 7:45 PM, Ron Hamilton said:

I turned the Revell 66 Chevelle wagon into a stocker.

1966 Malibu photo 2005_0316roadrunner0010.jpg

I patterned this one after the car in the brochure, using the transkit from Replica's and Miniatures Co. of MD, Model Car World Aztec Copper Paint, and Model Car Garage Photoetch.

They caught up to me.

11 hours ago, Snake45 said:

I converted one to a Sedan Delivery about 50 years ago. Didn't do a very good job because I didn't realize at the time that whole tailgate and back end of the two are completely different. Oh well.

And, now that I'm at home with access to my pics, here it is. Looks like it's about due for one of my trademark "survivor restos." B) Better yet, maybe I should just build another one. 

55ChevSD02.jpg.0b1a019432615e252982c5ff0c177d83.jpg

10 hours ago, Art Anderson said:

And then there's the Grand-Daddy of all 1/25 scale plastic station wagon kits:  Revell's '57 Country Squire!

Art

I have one of the old All American Resin '57 Ford Country Squires in my collection to build. It is based off of the old Revell Multi Piece body tools, but had been masterfully turned into a one piece body with a separate hood. I have had it a long time, and it is very accurate, and compares favorably with the latest Revell '57 Ford Del Rio wagons. I plan to build both of them at the same time, probably in the same color combination.

1 hour ago, Ron Hamilton said:

I have one of the old All American Resin '57 Ford Country Squires in my collection to build. It is based off of the old Revell Multi Piece body tools, but had been masterfully turned into a one piece body with a separate hood. I have had it a long time, and it is very accurate, and compares favorably with the latest Revell '57 Ford Del Rio wagons. I plan to build both of them at the same time, probably in the same color combination.

Ron, I also did up a 1958 Edsel Bermuda off of a Revell '57 Country Squire--it came out as nice, in resin, as did my AAM Country Squire kit.

I've also collected wagon kits over the years, including resin bodies and full kits. 

Two of the weirdest resin kits I have are 2-door wagons:  a '59 Mercury Commuter (missing 1 taillight) and a '58 Imperial.  The Mercury 2-door wagon was available from dealers like any other 1959 Mercury.  The Imperial had to be a custom job, but somebody did build at least one of them, as shown in the pic below:

imp_wagon.jpg

On 2/19/2018 at 6:49 PM, Snake45 said:

And, now that I'm at home with access to my pics, here it is. Looks like it's about due for one of my trademark "survivor restos." B) Better yet, maybe I should just build another one. 

55ChevSD02.jpg.0b1a019432615e252982c5ff0c177d83.jpg

Leave it alone it looks too cool the way it is! Dust and all!

As far as wagons , I'm sure there are resin kits available for 70 Ford Galaxy, 69 LTD wagon, and 71-76 Caprice. I don't know who makes them, but I saw a bunch built up on Google Images. 

5 hours ago, misterNNL said:

I do have an excellent Modelhaus '59 Chevy Brookwood two door wagon kit my stash that I I hope I live long enough to build.

I have one of those myself. I am not sure about the direction I want to take with it. Showroom stock, custom, or rodded. I'm going with Crown Sapphire and White as the color combo, as I think it is stunning.

OK- I'm gonna complain: we need another Mopar Wagon- the '60 Plymouth and 2005 Dodge Magnum are simply not enough.

There are a few out there in resin ('69 Dodge Coronet, '67 Plymouth Belvedere, some assorted '62-'65 B-Body wagons, and the Modelhaus used to do some late 50's-early 60's DeSotos, Plymouths, Dodges and Chryslers), but I think we need another in plastic. A '65 Plymouth would be a great candidate to do.

Also- an Olds Vista Cruiser ('68-72) would be nice...the one from "That '70's Show", with phantom "442" parts, would be perfect.

Lots of cool ideas, thanks guys. :) 

How I forgot the Del Rio, I'll never know. I have the kit, even did a video of it.

I really wish they had at least one 70s or 80s big boat wagon out there from the big companies, maybe one day we'll get one.

I just picked up a '64 Plymouth Savoy Station Wagon, which is a resin kit designed to be a transkit for the Lindberg 1964 Belvidere Hardtop. It is not of Modelhaus quality to be sure, but it is workable. I find that a lot of resin wagons out here need work to be absolutely right. I noticed that Paul Hettick is going to market  transkits of station wagons. From what I have seen, his work is exquisite, and if I can afford some of them, I am on board.

59 minutes ago, PARTSMARTY said:

Disabled modeller-Mark Orr must be jumping up and down over this.I could be wrong but i've never met anybody more nuts over wagons.That's why i call him-"WAGONMASTER"-lol

LOL... Ill take that as a complement  Marty...thanks..!  Yep I am....I just love the 60s wagons with a passion for them.   We need more wagon kits on the shelves...pretty bad when you have stated a collection of them you call wagon land..LOL...