Model Cars Magazine Forum

AMT Parts Packs - Your Ideas & Suggestions?

I like your list Casey. Not sure the snowplow is possible, but the other parts mentioned should be doable. Given the recent success of the Revell GMC Pickup Snow Plow kit, I am surprised Round 2 hasn't brought out a kit with that snowplow.

I know it is a wish list, but realistically, Round 2 could create some of the items fairly simply and easily but history hasn't been kind to selling some parts packs.

8 minutes ago, Phirewriter said:

Given the current kits available now such as Revell's Broncos, the Honcho, and various other pick up kit's from all the manufacturers, Casey's idea for the plow and service truck accessories is really a good one.

At two plows to a pack, I'd buy several.

One plow to a pack? Nah, keep it. I'll buy a truck kit to get one, have the whole truck left over for not much more money.

Look at what brings the real money in vintage parts packs...the Revell Roadster Chassis Speed Equipment C1132 and Dragster Speed Equipment C1124.

What's in 'em? Brake backing plates, straight and I-beam axles, quick-change rear ends, transverse springs, hairpins...

This is stupid money, but these things ALWAYS bring a lot.

post-13661-0-27041800-1427593010_thumb.j       Image result for revell Dragster Speed Equipment C1124  <  DRAGSTER PARTS, NOT CHRYSLER

Image result for Revell Roadster Chassis Speed Equipment C1132

Interiour accesories. Similar to what Fujimi has but better suited to US cars.
Things like sunglasses, soda cans, car magazines, spare wheels and tool kit with a jack. Boxes for spareparts like brakepads, oilfilters, fanbelts, lightbulbs, sparkpulgs and wires and ofcourse oilcans.

Sorry about the flood of replies, got a strange 404 error when I tried to post my full reply.

I like all these ideas for parts packs....id also like to see some old and other companies parts come out in parts packs if ever possible like....

AMTs 63 Ford pickups overhead camper top.

IMCs old Touch Tone Terrors phone company parts,etc. along with the decals to build both versions of this kit.

AMTs old go cart that came with the  60s Ford pickup kit.

AMTs service car trailer with the tire rack back out again.

MPCs Universal Dune Buggy 1/2 cab parts.,,etc.

MPCs old U-Haul style 2 wheel trailer.

A scale 60s phone booth.

Other camping trailer kits...there kind of a neglected area in plastic.

Luggage, definitely!  As part of the...(drumroll, please)...Gimcrack Parts Pack!  Snow skis and rack from the MPC '60 Vette.  Some suitcases/luggage, and the big trunk rack from the '64 Lincoln. Stuffed animals, bongo drums, tape decks, TV sets...all those nifty vintage accessories that made old 3-in-1 kits so much fun. As somebody else said, the "Car Show Accessories" from the 1989 Customizing Series is already a Parts Pack unto itself.

Fujimi has done this for a long time.  They have an accessory set with a teddy bear, cigarette pack/lighter, other neat stuff and a Japanese vending machine.  They do another set of (Japanese) police car accessories, with helmets, billy clubs etc.  And they sell their snow skis and small surfboards in another pack, shown below:

fuj_skis.jpg

1 hour ago, Atmobil said:

And what about luggage, I got some suitecases out of the old gangbusters chrysler some years ago but what about some suitcases, dufflebags and such to put in the trunk or backseat of cars.

And speaking of the gangbusters, how about a set of guns? Or maybe guns, tools, and stuffed animals, something like that? Oh, and a gun rack or two for the back window of pickups. 

4 hours ago, Atmobil said:

Sugestions:
Slide in bed camper for pickup trucks.

I like that idea, but it would need to be a universal type slide-in camper. I'm not sure one could be designed which fits multiple pickup beds without compromising too much in the design.

And what about luggage, I got some suitecases out of the old gangbusters chrysler some years ago but what about some suitcases, dufflebags and such to put in the trunk or backseat of cars.

Would a parts pack consisting of only luggage sell 2,000 units? I don't see how, to be honest.

13 hours ago, Ace-Garageguy said:

Look at what brings the real money in vintage parts packs...the Revell Roadster Chassis Speed Equipment C1132 and Dragster Speed Equipment C1124.

What's in 'em? Brake backing plates, straight and I-beam axles, quick-change rear ends, transverse springs, hairpins...

I do like the idea of a Hot Rod Parts Pack with most of the parts you mentioned, and since Round2 already has the injector stacks parts pack, including two or three different Hilborn or other mechanical fuel injection manifolds wouldn't be the worst idea. The only problem is they'd have to be engine specific, but a SBC is always a safe bet, and I'm sure they could pick a few others. 

23 minutes ago, Casey said:

Would a parts pack consisting of only luggage sell 2,000 units? I don't see how, to be honest.

Probably not, but luggage and some other neat stuff might.  We know the molds still exist for the "Gangbusters" '28 Lincoln and '32 Chrysler, they've been re-issued.  Those things were full of goodies - wooden crates (great for vintage trucks); clear bottles with label decals; weapons and figures.  The Chrysler had a safe with opening door. With a little work, that could be turned into a van refrigerator, a vintage TV set, etc.

We haven't seen the "Gangbusters" '27 Lincoln roadster for many years.  But it had a working golf-bag door on the passenger side, complete with a golf bag and 5 individual golf clubs.  It also included a rare female "gun moll" figure.

On edit:  American here and I also got the 404 Error repeatedly yesterday. 

Edited by Mike999
omit

Sugestions:
Slide in bed camper for pickup trucks.

GREAT idea, Amt has a Ford F350 camper special, but no camper to go along with it, it's 40 years over due!

Also a great idea would be a wrecker body, no....not, and I really mean it, when I say NOT, that crappy toy thing that was last used in the DOH "Cooter's tow truck" release, that tool or insert for my part may be recycled, there I said it !

:D

Edited by Luc Janssens

19 hours ago, Ace-Garageguy said:

Both AMT and Revell tried some generic and cut-to-length parts-packs of those, and I believe they were poor sellers even when new in the way-back. They're still among the cheapest in the vintage parts lists.

Image result for revell grille parts pack    image.jpeg.0a56a03b7e2c3afa637b8a5d5c0d2707.jpeg     Image result for revell grille parts pack

IIRC , Aurora oddered one of these too .. Thanx.. 

I want Fx70x14" Red Lines and Blue Line Tire Sets . Ex70x14" would be nice . Fx78x14" and Gx78x14" . The same in 15" ?? I am retentive and won't build my WIP Muscle Cars with Tires 10  or 20 Years beyond the Showroom Floor . I won't budge off even two weeks either . Stock  OEM is my genera  ..   Thanx  

3 hours ago, Mike999 said:

Probably not, but luggage and some other neat stuff might.  We know the molds still exist for the "Gangbusters" '28 Lincoln and '32 Chrysler, they've been re-issued.  Those things were full of goodies - wooden crates (great for vintage trucks); clear bottles with label decals; weapons and figures.  The Chrysler had a safe with opening door. With a little work, that could be turned into a van refrigerator, a vintage TV set, etc.

We haven't seen the "Gangbusters" '27 Lincoln roadster for many years.  But it had a working golf-bag door on the passenger side, complete with a golf bag and 5 individual golf clubs.  It also included a rare female "gun moll" figure.

On edit:  American here and I also got the 404 Error repeatedly yesterday. 

The complete gangbusters series had a lot of goodies. I only had the lincoln and the chrysler that was reissued somewhere around 2004 or so.
Maybe it could be possible to do all the goodies from those kits in one "mafia" partspack.

3 hours ago, Luc Janssens said:

GREAT idea, Amt has a Ford F350 camper special, but no camper to go along with it, it's 40 years over due!

Also a great idea would be a wrecker body, no....not, and I really mean it, when I say NOT, that crappy toy thing that was last used in the DOH "Cooter's tow truck" release, that tool or insert for my part may be recycled, there I said it !

:D

Yes, a wrecker body for pickup trucks. Don't need it to be a specific brand or anything even if that would be very cool. I have had ideas on modifying the wrecker body from the Revell GMC kit. Afterall, Italeri has used the same wrecker body in several truck kits for years, both US and European trucks have gotten it.
So that toghether with a set of 1 ton rims and tires and it would be a go. Ofcourse, some would say that one would also need axles and springs for a heavierduty vehicle but the already got some trucks that would fit the bill perfectly. They did a Ram 3500 dually and a Chevy 3500 dually in the 90s.

3 hours ago, Casey said:

A complete set of interior accesories with luggage might sell that much. Afterall Fujimis kit has been reissued several times.

23 minutes ago, mini trucker said:

I wouldn't mind seeing the old Racers Wedge kit make a return. I know Model King repoped it about ten years ago but they are hard to find these days. 

Round 2 would make a lot of people happy if they re-issued the Racer's Wedge along with the other half of that Model King kit - the big Open Road camper.  Based on eBay/aftermarket prices, they are hard to find.  I went to that big kit swap meet in Salisbury, NC yesterday.  Lots of vendors, but I don't remember seeing a single one of those kits.  I bought several when they came out from Model King, because I'd been trying to find that camper for years. 

Just checked eBay. A Racer's Wedge/Open Road Camper is up now, open but sealed inside.  The auction has 7 days to run, so I guess it just went up this morning.  It already has 7 bids and is up to $35.00.