[[Template core/front/global/utilitiesMenu does not exist. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]
  • Announcements

• Dave Ambrose

Board Status   07/20/2018

Maintenance completed, but there is still more come.
Sign in to follow this  
mredjr

Weber Intake and Carbs For 289

Does anyone know of Weber intake and carbs fro 289 other than the trumpeter Falcon? Casey told me that the AMT 289 Cobra had Webers does anyone have that set up that they would sell or trade?  

Edited by mredjr

Thanks Pat that is a good looking set up but I just hate to use it on a Ford motor. I am going to buy one for future build.

I don't think any of these parts are from the AMT 289 Cobra kit, but they do look like they'd work on a small V8, and the carbs seem to match the manifold on the right:

WP_20180217_050.thumb.jpg.827011ab96b251253871f7eade4640f5.jpg

You're welcome to it all if you think it'll work for what you have planned, Elvin.

Casey,

That off white colored one is more ford like especially for the 289, I built alot of 289/302's the regular white looks like chevy manifold that would have to be modded to make it look ford thats for sure. If i were building 289 weber setup that off white manifold is my first choice, weber carbs come in some of the 32' ford truck and rat rod kits i believe too, dont qoute me there its been a long time since i put those together.

First off, Chebby manifolds have paired ports. Smallblock Fords are separate. They don't look remotely the same to anyone familiar with real engines.

Second, here's a ton of info already covered...and it's worth looking at so you'll know what you want...

HRM makes a 289 intake with the carbs.  The first picture in the thread shows the 260 engine which is different from the later 289.

IMG_2029.JPG

Edited by vamach1
Picture

The for 1962 new 90 degree V8 221-260 and the 289-302 are from the same family and shares the same basic design, so do even the 351W but it has taller deck so it's taller and wider than the smaller siblings.
And the very first 289's from 1963 looked almost exactly the same as the 260 on the outside with the oil filler tube going into the passenger side of the timing cover, in 1964 the oil filler tube was gone, the hole in the timing cover was plugged and the oil cap was on the drivers side valve cover.
The 221 has 3.50 inch  bore and 2.87 inch stroke, the 260 has 3.80  bore and the same 2.87 stroke, the 289 has 4.00 bore and still the same 2.87 stroke, the 302 has the same 4 inch bore as the 289  but a longer 3.00 stroke, and finally the 351W wich has 4.00 bore and 3.50 stroke.

Edited by Force

9 hours ago, Force said:

The for 1962 new 90 degree V8 221-260 and the 289-302 are from the same family and shares the same basic design, so do even the 351W but it has taller deck so it's taller and wider than the smaller siblings.
And the very first 289's from 1963 looked almost exactly the same as the 260 on the outside with the oil filler tube going into the passenger side of the timing cover, in 1964 the oil filler tube was gone, the hole in the timing cover was plugged and the oil cap was on the drivers side valve cover.
The 221 has 3.50 inch  bore and 2.87 inch stroke, the 260 has 3.80  bore and the same 2.87 stroke, the 289 has 4.00 bore and still the same 2.87 stroke, the 302 has the same 4 inch bore as the 289  but a longer 3.00 stroke, and finally the 351W wich has 4.00 bore and 3.50 stroke.

Very good info.  I was mainly referring to the oil filler tube as the most obvious difference

Yes it's the main difference on the outside between the older and newer versions of these engines.
I used to own a 1964 Ford Fairlane 500 Sports Coupe with a 289 and C4 wich I had for 12 years so I've tinkered some whith these engines, I now own a 1963½ Ford Galaxie 500XL Fastback with a 390 FE so I have gone back half a year but gone up a size.

Edited by Force