Model Cars Magazine Forum

70 Javelin Mark Donahue

Sport Suburban

This particular build is almost all resin. I have worked with resin before and have done my own casting and learned a lot. here is what I started with: This was a Decon Resin offering that I literally ran into in a local hobby shop. I did not know it was even offered. Body is stock but had no emblems, Bumpers were not plaited and the rear bumper is missing the Javelin plate. Glass was vacuum formed. I replaced both bumpers with Modelhaus chromed ones along with a 71-74 spoiler also from Modelhaus.

70 Javelin a.JPG

70 Javelin b.JPG

70 Javelin c.JPG

The rest was also cast by myself from a mint 68 Javelin kit I bought. I used those parts to cast up just about all the parts to a 69 Javelin. 69 Body was from a promo as the hood is molded in. The chassis and all the under hood parts were cast from this. I had learned a lot doing this and also learned that it was a lot of work and that it was better to start with the best rebuilder you can. Plus I learned how much work goes into casting and can appreciate what resin casters do to offer parts and kits. Please don't ask for these parts as they are gone and the molds have shrunk a bit. I keep watching ebay and every now and then I get lucky and score a good rebuilder but really miss Modelhaus!

69 Javelin SST c.JPG

Awesome work here!i've got a couple of these myself one's complete but the other needs parts,i have the fred cady decal sheet but all the decals are there,i did notice the white stripes are a little hard to see.

Edited by kelson