Model Cars Magazine Forum

Chopped & Channeled '37 Ford!

Finally finished is this hot rodded '37 Ford that I started just over 5 years ago! The top was chopped in my garage by MCM member Rockin Rodney Rat of K+R Kustoms during our annual January meet-up back in 2013. From there this model went through many changes of direction until ultimately deciding on and sticking with a plan. Even still, it managed to get boxed and put away a few times. I finally decided that enough was enough and a big push was made to finish this poor thing over the last couple of months. Kind of a New Years resolution, if you will. So here it is hot off of the press! Modifications are many and heavy. 

2v2JQSTESxK4GA4.jpgHosted on Fotki

2v2JQSTBgxK4GA4.jpgHosted on Fotki

2v2JQSTDWxK4GA4.jpgHosted on Fotki

2v2JQSTMFxK4GA4.jpgHosted on Fotki

2v2JQSS25xK4GA4.jpgHosted on Fotki

2v2JQSSUGxK4GA4.jpgHosted on Fotki

2v2JQSmwqxK4GA4.jpgHosted on Fotki

2v2JQSmqTxK4GA4.jpgHosted on Fotki

2v2JQSmRnxK4GA4.jpgHosted on Fotki

2v2JQSmjWxK4GA4.jpgHosted on Fotki

Comments and Questions welcomed!

2 minutes ago, Rocking Rodney Rat said:

I keep coming back this truck!!! Every part fits together perfectly, the grille and shell lead the way and rest just flows...... Did you section that body?I forget....  -RRR

Thanks, buddy! I didn't exactly section it, it's an optical conclusion. Normally the bottom of the cab is one continuous arch from the firewall to the end of the door. Starting at the front door panel line I cut the cab off flat and replaced the bead with half-round. You probably don't remember but making the bottom flat was actually your suggestion back on the day we (mostly you) chopped it, haha. I also added a thin strip of material to the bottom of the bed to bring it down even with the cab. Also, your suggestion!

19 hours ago, Dennis Lacy said:

Thanks, buddy! I didn't exactly section it, it's an optical conclusion. Normally the bottom of the cab is one continuous arch from the firewall to the end of the door. Starting at the front door panel line I cut the cab off flat and replaced the bead with half-round. You probably don't remember but making the bottom flat was actually your suggestion back on the day we (mostly you) chopped it, haha. I also added a thin strip of material to the bottom of the bed to bring it down even with the cab. Also, your suggestion!

Right...I remember now...-RRR