[[Template core/front/global/utilitiesMenu does not exist. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]
  • Announcements

• Dave Ambrose

Board Status   07/20/2018

Maintenance completed, but there is still more come.
Sign in to follow this  
PlymouthFan

1/24th Pro Star Wheels

They were included in the John Force Castrol Olds Funny Car kit, too.

I think they were in all of the 80's issue Camaro, Firebird and Thunderbirds Pro Stock and Pro Street kits as well as some of the 80's Funny Cars. I know at some point the Convo Pro wheels came out but do not remember if they were in these kits or something else, gut says something else but do not know what.

Robyn

5 hours ago, Robyn said:

I think they were in all of the 80's issue Camaro, Firebird and Thunderbirds Pro Stock and Pro Street kits as well as some of the 80's Funny Cars. I know at some point the Convo Pro wheels came out but do not remember if they were in these kits or something else, gut says something else but do not know what.

Robyn

The Pro Star wheels replaced, briefly, the previous wheels with the eight or ten round holes which were in Monogram's Pro Stock and Funny Car kits from '84/'85. I thought maybe the Sentry or Otter Pops F/Cs has the Pro Stars., but no, they have the earlier wheels. Ditto for the Billy Meyer Mustang, KB Tempo, and both Firebirds.

For the modern era (mid 80's-forward) Monogram and Revell Funny Car kits the Castrol GTX car and the Otter Pops car has Weld Pro Star wheels, the Sentry and Miller High Life cars and most of the other early ones has Weld Draglites, for the modern era Pro Stock cars I believe it's only the Motorcraft Thunderbird that has Pro Stars, most of the others had Draglites and the later ones another type of five spoke wheel looking like Monocoque or something like that.
Unfortunately Revell destroyed the nice Pro Star tooling for the later mid 90's Funny Car kits and did a weird combination between the Weld Pro Star and  Centerline Convo Pro, a Pro Star center with Convo Pro rim wich doesn't look good at all and nothing like the wheel it's supposed to be.
The best Centerline Convo Pro wheels for racing is the ones in the Top Sportsman 57 Chevy, 55 Ford and 58 Plymouth kits if someone's looking for those.

I stand corrected, I had the pro stars and drag life's mixed.

Sorry for any confusion I may have inadvertently caused.

Robyn