[[Template core/front/global/utilitiesMenu does not exist. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]
  • Announcements

• Dave Ambrose

Board Status   07/20/2018

Maintenance completed, but there is still more come.
rastta

63 Cobra from the Racing Team Kit

Finished up the Cobra part of the kit last week.  Somewhat happy with the results and happy overall.  Added some pics of the whole kit including the truck and trailer as well.  Tried to replicate Dan Gurney's CSX2137.  Still missing the hood number plate as the kit only had two 99's.  If anyone has the number 99 from the kit - I'd happily take it :-)

0214181141c.jpg

0214181140a.jpg

0214180800_HDR.jpg

0214180759_HDR.jpg

0214180758a.jpg

0214180758.jpg

0212181323.jpg

0212181322.jpg

0212181321a_HDR.jpg

Nice work Joe.  I built the same Cobra, used after market decals to get all the required #9s and roundels needed.

Super sharp car.  Great paint and interior work. 

I saw decals for sale on Ebay and they mysteriously disappeared.  There were decals for the Ford MKIV also by the same seller but I cannot find those either.  They were about $8.

23 hours ago, afx said:

Nice work Joe.  I built the same Cobra, used after market decals to get all the required #9s and roundels needed.

Thanks!  Do you remember where you got the decals - I just started looking online to see if any were a match or close enough match.

1 hour ago, rastta said:

Thanks!  Do you remember where you got the decals - I just started looking online to see if any were a match or close enough match.

Bought these on ebay.

Image result for modelers number decals

Great looking combination. The F100 is really nicely done as is the Trailer. I like how you did the Cobra.  

22 hours ago, afx said:

Bought these on ebay.

Thanks - I look for them.

Love the colour on the truck makes for a really nice contrast to the car and trailer 

nice job there,,I almost picked this up the other day@LHS,,looks like a fun one to do. lookin good there guy.

Very nice!  That truck looks like you took it right out of my case. I made on like it awhile back used Krylon for the paint to match closely like what was on my dad's 1:1 back in the day. used real wood for my bed bed. it's on here in my posts in the pickup section. 
Great job on both cars!