Model Cars Magazine Forum

Hasagawa Honda Civic RS (SB-1) 3 Door Hatchback (1974)

89AKurt

The 1:24 scale Hasagawa kit of the first generation Honda Civic hatchback.
Since my first car was a 1977 Civic CVCC, I *had to* get two of these kits.  I still have dealer brochures, great for reference (cutaway picture).

I have not opened up the bags yet, if that's required for a proper review, I will do so.  It's a curbside, decent engine bottom detail, but there is proper shock tower detail, as if there will be a chance for an engine kit.  I'm wanting to build a US version, which will require scratch-building the front turn signals, door mirror, side lights, and the most demanding part of converting the dash to LHD, and I would need to modify the hood.  I do see a CVCC chrome badge for the back, which is greyed out on the instruction sheet, but still need to do the grill and side badges.  Decal sheet has lots of tiny things, but I have never seen window trim which is sort of silver done like this, all Japan market badges.  Makes me think I should hold out for a US version of the CVCC?

IMG_6429_Fotor.jpg

5257980768_b7d7395534_o.jpg

Any chance there's some plaid inserts on that decal sheet that's hidden under the leftmost box?  I'm guessing not, but that would be cool if it were the case.

It's amazing how small these cars were.  Our local Honda dealer had one sitting on the showroom floor for a couple of years recently, as part of a "history of honda" thing.

10 hours ago, Jonathan said:

Any chance there's some plaid inserts on that decal sheet that's hidden under the leftmost box?  ...

It's amazing how small these cars were.  ...

Scale Motorsport has a decal that could work.

Yes they were sort of small.  I want a 600 Coupe model, those were really tiny!
http://storm.oldcarmanualproject.com/honda6001971.htm