Model Cars Magazine Forum

Dominator post-war/MadMax racer

Dirty Dave

After a year of trying this and that, I finished this crazy kitbash project. Based around the Monogram 1/48 scale P=40 Warhawk, AMT Model T frame, suspension parts from Airfix's 1/32 Omnibus, and a mish-mash of other bits I either grabbed from the parts pile, or built myself. Drive system drops from behind the prop spinner to a shaft running under the engine to the rear axle. After these photos were taken, I added hexnuts to cap the front hubs. Figure is a 1/43 '50s sports car driver in resin.

warhawk3.jpg

warhawk2.jpg

warhawk1.jpg

Haha, that's nuts, love it!

There was a Japanese anime show that I think had cars made from warplanes, but I can't remember what it was called. 

I like that you made the propulsion more or less plausible with a gear drive and driveshaft attached to the prop.

I also like the book backdrop, it would be cool if it was a WW2 technical manual or something similar!

11 minutes ago, Spex84 said:

I also like the book backdrop, it would be cool if it was a WW2 technical manual or something similar!

Well, it was just the instructions from the ProModeler P-40 kit - wanted something to cover the mess behind the cutting board I was using as a base.
EDIT: If I had been thinking of it, I would have used one of my volumes of Masters of Chickenscratch, which includes the John A. Frye illustration that inspired my build.

Edited by Dirty Dave