Model Cars Magazine Forum

48 ford custom

bauercrew

Hey guys this started out as a pure white color,,,,,till i sprayed the clear coat ,never had this happen ,course this is only the secound white model i painted,,and it changed right before my eyes ,with the first light coat ,,,then it kept getting yellow as i went,,,i went in panic mode ,,was going to put it in purple pond,,but as it dryed it looks like it has a color change depends what angle you look at kinda weird looking paint job(but in good way)and my intentions was to go all out chrome everything ,,but the chrome didnt look right with THIS color paint, again weird? so sorry all you chrome lovers ,just had to black it out a little B) Dang forgot to put on exhaust tips,,,,guess what color there going,,,,,,,Black :),other than the mishap with the clear ,this model went together really nice,,glad i got 2 more of them in stash,,,,,,but looks like im staying away from white paint:huh: and yes im still useing the cheap acrylic craft paints and duplicolor clear, never had any issues with other colors??

1.jpg

2.jpg

3.jpg

Edited by bauercrew