Model Cars Magazine Forum

1967 Pontiac Bonneville, More Mediocre Pics.

StevenGuthmiller

Hi guys.

I'm sure that by now, most of you know that I have been sweating over this old MPC built-up for many months.

Finally finished it today!

I won't bore you with all of the modifications & up-grades.

You've probably seen all of those on the WIP thread.

Anyway, here it is in all of it's "Plum Mist" glory.

I can't wait to get some outside shots!

I'm sure that will do a lot to highlight the beautiful color.

The inside shots do it no justice.

But, being February in Minnesota, it will have to wait.

Hope you enjoy it.

Any comments at all are welcome

Steve

2v2JQM794xwUbWP.jpg2v2JQM7ahxwUbWP.jpg2v2JQM7QgxwUbWP.jpg2v2JQM7HVxwUbWP.jpg2v2JQM7eCxwUbWP.jpg2v2JQM7b4xwUbWP.jpg2v2JQM76WxwUbWP.jpg2v2JQ8QRmxwUbWP.jpg2v2JQ8QVTxwUbWP.jpg

Edited by StevenGuthmiller

Very nice Pontiac build Steven, especially the engine detail, which looks exceptional. As you say, it will be interesting to see the Purple Mist paint colour outdoors in natural daylight. I have found that the Rolls-Royce colour Velvet Green, and also Rolls-Royce Midnight Blue appears to be black in most lighting conditions, and that seems to be true of Pontiac Purple Mist but once you get the car out in sunlight the true colour shines through.

David

1 hour ago, Anglia105E said:

Very nice Pontiac build Steven, especially the engine detail, which looks exceptional. As you say, it will be interesting to see the Purple Mist paint colour outdoors in natural daylight. I have found that the Rolls-Royce colour Velvet Green, and also Rolls-Royce Midnight Blue appears to be black in most lighting conditions, and that seems to be true of Pontiac Purple Mist but once you get the car out in sunlight the true colour shines through.

David

33 minutes ago, Erik Smith said:

Outstanding work. Love the color.

Thanks everyone!

This color screams to be in natural light & I don't think I can wait until spring to get some outdoor shots.

So I figure that I'll just toss a piece of plywood or something out onto a snow bank sometime over the next few days & "rough it" a little to get some pics. :)

I've already had a comment on another forum that it looked good in black & white! :blink:

We can't have that!!

Steve

5 hours ago, StevenGuthmiller said:

Hi guys.

I'm sure that by now, most of you know that I have been sweating over this old MPC built-up for many months.

Finally finished it today!

I won't bore you with all of the modifications & up-grades.

You've probably seen all of those on the WIP thread.

Anyway, here it is in all of it's "Plum Mist" glory.

I can't wait to get some outside shots!

I'm sure that will do a lot to highlight the beautiful color.

The inside shots do it no justice.

But, being February in Minnesota, it will have to wait.

Hope you enjoy it.

Any comments at all are welcome

Steve

2v2JQM794xwUbWP.jpg2v2JQM7ahxwUbWP.jpg2v2JQM7QgxwUbWP.jpg2v2JQM7HVxwUbWP.jpg2v2JQM7eCxwUbWP.jpg2v2JQM7b4xwUbWP.jpg2v2JQM76WxwUbWP.jpg2v2JQ8QRmxwUbWP.jpg2v2JQ8QVTxwUbWP.jpg

Pictures are nice and the build is killer..Good thing for lights and white paper eh..Very clean and well done..