Model Cars Magazine Forum

1967 Pontiac Bonneville, More Mediocre Pics.

StevenGuthmiller

Excellent!

Steve, again just a gorgeous model, with astounding presentation. At first I thought the paint needs more shine, then I feel it suits the black and white.  Also the chrome trim work is amazing, plus the bumpers show a dream finish.  Interior and under the hood show real life detailing, I love it.

Just a wonderful model, you're a master for sure.

16 hours ago, peekay said:

What's next?

I don't know for sure Peter.

Maybe you can help me with that.

These are the kits that I currently have on the bench that are all ready to start with new chrome & paint ready to go.

1966 Pontiac Bonneville hardtop.

1967 Ford Galaxie hardtop.

1960 Lincoln Continental hardtop.

1967 Plymouth Fury hardtop

1967 Chrysler 300 hardtop.

1960 Chrysler Imperial hardtop.

I was kind of leaning towards either the '60 Lincoln or '60 Imperial just to cut down a little on the build time because it took so long to finish this Bonneville.

But what do you think?

Steve

5 hours ago, 10thumbs said:

Excellent!

Steve, again just a gorgeous model, with astounding presentation. At first I thought the paint needs more shine, then I feel it suits the black and white.  Also the chrome trim work is amazing, plus the bumpers show a dream finish.  Interior and under the hood show real life detailing, I love it.

Just a wonderful model, you're a master for sure.

Thanks Michael.

Your comment about the color & shine of the model is exactly why I've decided that tomorrow, I'm going to brave the cold Minnesota winter & shoot some outdoor photos.

Don't feel bad, you're not the first one to mistake the color for black.

It's actually a very deep egg plant like color called "Plum Mist".

As far as the shine goes, the model has been polished to a high gloss, but with the photo studio set up that I have & my limited photographic skills, my indoor photographed models have been coming out looking like they were painted with matte paint.

I'm sure that it is due to a combination of soft, diffused light & the white felt background mat that I've been using.

Some outdoor shots should not only highlight the shine, but also bring the true color to the fore front.

Look for some updated photos possibly tomorrow afternoon.

Hopefully I can do a little bit better job of showing off this builds attributes with some natural light.

Steve

7 hours ago, StevenGuthmiller said:

I was kind of leaning towards either the '60 Lincoln or '60 Imperial just to cut down a little on the build time because it took so long to finish this Bonneville.

But what do you think?

Steve

I'm thinkin' the Lincoln - although they're all great choices. Do you mean you've already painted all those bodies? That would make a nice group photo!

I just sold two Lincolns, a 61 cv and a 59 ht (to the president of the Lincoln Continental Club of Europe, no less!). 

6 hours ago, peekay said:

I'm thinkin' the Lincoln - although they're all great choices. Do you mean you've already painted all those bodies? That would make a nice group photo!

I just sold two Lincolns, a 61 cv and a 59 ht (to the president of the Lincoln Continental Club of Europe, no less!). 

No, none of them have been painted.

I just meant that I already have colors more or less chosen for all of them, & already have the paint on hand.

I like to get chrome re-done & paint bought ahead of time before I get too involved with any project.

The Lincoln is one of the few that I have not completely settled on a color yet.

I basically have it narrowed down to 4 choices.

A dark metallic GM gray called "Shadow Gray".

A lighter metallic Ford gray called "Gunmetal Gray".

A Dark metallic Mopar green called "Ivy Green".

And a custom mix that is somewhat akin to Ford "Platinum" which is a very pale solid blue.

If I went with one of the grays, I'm thinking that a dark "ox blood" interior would look good.

Probably a tan interior with the green, & maybe a light parchment or off white with the blue.

Steve

Well, I achieved another photographic "sub-failure" this afternoon!

The morning started bright & sunny.

A perfect day to shoot some photos.

But as I waited for the afternoon sun to move around for what appeared to be the optimal position to take some pics, the clouds began to quickly move in!

I just can't seem to win!

I took a few anyway, because if nothing else, they do a little bit better job of accentuating the paint finish, if not the color.

I'll possibly try again if the sun ever makes a more than few hours appearance here in beautiful Minnesota! :rolleyes:

Steve

2v2JbQpdqxwUbWP.jpg2v2JbQYzWxwUbWP.jpg2v2JbQ1YCxwUbWP.jpg2v2JbQptLxwUbWP.jpg2v2JbQ1WdxwUbWP.jpg2v2JbQpeSxwUbWP.jpg