Model Cars Magazine Forum

School Bus Anyone??

I just spent over an hour searching this sight for a School bus. I found very little, one S'Cool bus, one Johnny Lightning and one project that is just getting started. Anyone done a school bus other than these?

My plan is to use the Arii Isuzu Bonnet Bus and graft on a 65 Chevy truck nose. Not sure if I will go School Bus yellow or if I will make it onto a Hippy bus, but I was looking for some inspiration.

In a way, it will look like a stock version of the S'Cool Bus as it had a 65ish Chevy nose on it.

I would love to see any other school buses that have been done.

BTW, search brings up old school, high school, grad school, grade school, etc. Hundreds of pages or unrelated posts.

56 minutes ago, mchook said:

My Hippie bus using a Isuzu Bonnet Bus resin copy.

hippie bus 00013.jpg

hippie bus 00024.jpg

hippie bus 00029.jpg

I love it, that hippy bus is great, just what I was thinking. I am torn between a hippy bus, stock old schoolie, or maybe shorten it and make a hod rod bus. We'll see.

I know the Bonnet bus is supposed to be 1/32 scale, but it is the right size when paired with an older truck in 1/25 scale. It works well as a small bus.

I don't think RMR has anything like that.  Most of there stuff is "older".  Here's the link to their site: Resin Model Ranch

Here are some of there buses:

1956 Ford

1956-ford-bus.jpg

1955 Chevrolet

1955-chevy-bus.jpg

1941 Chevrolet

1941-chevy-bus.jpg

1941 Dodge

1945-dodge-bus.jpg
Edited by Jim B

15 hours ago, Jim B said:

I don't think RMR has anything like that.  Most of there stuff is "older".  Here's the link to their site: Resin Model Ranch

Here are some of there buses:

1956 Ford

1956-ford-bus.jpg

1955 Chevrolet

1955-chevy-bus.jpg

1941 Chevrolet

1941-chevy-bus.jpg

1941 Dodge

1945-dodge-bus.jpg

Where did you get those pictures, the web site does not show but a few, and these are not there.

• 2 years later...

C873E5E9-A11F-4D14-866A-0FFE912B4943.jpeg.7e3ae5c87611ec6acf470776bd3ccd5e.jpeg

Out of boredom during my isolation, last evening I watched “The Wayward Bus” a black & white 1957 movie from the John Steinbeck novel.  The bus was a 1941 Chevy shortie that could be built from the RMR resin.  That’s Jane Mansfield in the photo from when the bus wound up in a small pond.  Bad 1950s movie, lotsa bus.

Mine...scratchbuilt, hardest part is the curved roof, as the rest is just flat sheets with added Evergreen strips for trim and windows

25647493860_c154a78575_b.jpg%22 width="1024" height="768" alt="IMG_6732a

Good luck with yours, I would love to get my hands on a Bonnet Bus kit or two to make a vintage bus

Edited by hct728(Bob)
Added comment

Not 1/25, but I have a project going with one of these:

1611535651_superiorbusmodel.JPG.8339631085fdf2d28abc0b57e14a15e1.JPG

1628985052_superiorbus.jpg.3c968dc63da49d31229eb6dae594f1f5.jpg

Toy bank promo made by Superior Coach. I'm replacing the generic front end with the nose and running gear from the old Revell 1/48 '55 Chevy stake bed truck. Really looking forward to cutting out all those windows :rolleyes:.

Edited by ChrisBcritter

On 3/24/2020 at 10:16 AM, NYLIBUD said:

Who knew that school buses could be cool?Lol...Great jobs

Oh yeah, they are plenty cool - as long as they are empty.  I've been driving one for 12 years and still have my sanininity,  umm, I mean my insaneness,; no that's not right either.  Oh well, you get the idea.

Wow that is a beautiful bus.  I have driven a couple of those as spares when my bus is in for maintenance; when they are worn out they are real hogs to drive.  What scale is this and where did you get it?  The only thing I see missing is trash and bubble gum all over the floor.