Jump to content
Model Cars Magazine Forum
Spex84

3D print '30 Ford coupe under development!

Recommended Posts

Thought I should post something regarding the '30 coupe 3D model I have been working on. Back in 2010-11 I modeled a '30 as a modification ("mod") for the video game Grand Theft Auto IV. It was a lot of fun, but after a while I realized the model was sitting around on my hard drive, effectively abandoned. I dragged it back out to try and convert it for 3D printing, after noticing that apparently the large-scale market lacks a '30 coupe option. During that process I discovered lots of things that needed tweaking. My skills are limited, but I've done my best to get 'er fixed up.

The body is currently up on Shapeways in 1/8 and 1/16.  My pockets aren't deep enough to order one myself, but maybe someone else will take the plunge.

Comments and feedback are welcome :)

AcoupeV4_Feb21-vi.jpg

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

THE BODY LOOKS GREAT CHRIS.

I SEE YOU HAVE A FEW PARTS FOR THE OLDS IN 1/16, WOULD YOU HAVE A BLOCK & HEADS AS WELL?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, RAT-T said:

THE BODY LOOKS GREAT CHRIS.

I SEE YOU HAVE A FEW PARTS FOR THE OLDS IN 1/16, WOULD YOU HAVE A BLOCK & HEADS AS WELL?

Thanks Tom, unfortunately I don't yet offer an Olds block and heads, but I'm workin' on it! The Olds parts were originally meant to be 1/25 only, but I had a request for 1/16 scale--I think the guy who asked for them was planning to modify a Chevy block.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
13 hours ago, Spex84 said:

Thanks Tom, unfortunately I don't yet offer an Olds block and heads, but I'm workin' on it! The Olds parts were originally meant to be 1/25 only, but I had a request for 1/16 scale--I think the guy who asked for them was planning to modify a Chevy block.

THANKS CHRIS, I'LL BE LOOKING FORWARD TO SEEING THAT MOTOR. IF YOU NEED ANY DIMS, I HAVE QUITE A FEW FOR IT.

ALSO, A 32 CHASSIS IN 1/16 WOULD BE A GREAT ADDITION FOR THAT COUPE BODY.

ARE THOSE KELSEY HAYES ARTILLERY WHEELS ALSO KNOWN AS DIVCO OR MILK TRUCK WHEELS?

1107sr-02-z-1932-ford-deluxe-v8-phaeton-.JPG.jpg.fe8db745f3e3f2491b0bf393ec3a963f.jpg

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
8 minutes ago, RAT-T said:

ARE THOSE KELSEY HAYES ARTILLERY WHEELS ALSO KNOWN AS DIVCO OR MILK TRUCK WHEELS?

 

Yep, those are the ones! I'll probably send you a PM on those Olds dimensions soon.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.


×
×
  • Create New...