Model Cars Magazine Forum

Despicable Me. (We are all kids at heart!)

Davoski

Hi guys,

So we all like model cars but they don't all have to Rods, Drags or Muscle, right?

I tried for some lateral thinking with this one - Mr Gru's car from Despicable Me. The car is a 3D print from a file downloaded from thingiverse.com. The windows, cornices and awning are 3D prints from my own drawings based on a screen grab from the movie. The brickwork is a laser print on photopaper and it is all mounted on Depron foam in a $2 second hand picture frame so I can hang it on the wall.

Progress pics are at: www.facebook.com/pg/davidsmodelshowcase/  (I may do an On The Workbench if there is enough interest).

Here is the original screen grab I used:

hqdefault.jpg.6cbfa7179032df027ed1532e59722e1e.jpg

And here is my result:

5a8e1bb63183b_IMG_2161(600x800).jpg.5c6b5e3a3ea417d9ee6c4beb8aaba7d1.jpg

5a8e1c26bd9f8_IMG_2162(800x600).jpg.ad935ea4e1d1029436b223e324d52326.jpg

5a8e1c29c75b7_IMG_2163(800x600).jpg.58e35e7cdf192e24bfc311a15f2964f6.jpg

Hope you like it!

Edited by Davoski

5 minutes ago, Anglia105E said:

Brilliant thinking on your part David, and although I have never seen that car before.... now I want one!

David

It is from one (or more?) of the Despicable Me animated movies, the movie that introduced Minions. Go watch it - you know you want to!

:D

13 hours ago, Eric Macleod said:

This is great. I can't let my kids see it or id be out buying a 3d printer tomorrow.  Come to think of it, if my wife told me to build it...

Excellent work. It made my day.

Buy a printer, Eric, just a cheap one and persist with learning how to use it. It adds a whole new dimension to this hobby (see what I did there?):lol: