Model Cars Magazine Forum

• 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...

I just took a look at it. I'm going to  build the original body as an old drag car , incase any of the body work comes back to haunt me. The only thing I hate about having a body casted is that they sometimes get damaged. But it is cool to see how other people finish them.

Edited by Pat Minarick

1 hour ago, 68shortfleet said:

Looks like Jimmy Flintsone already has it on their website as item NB328. Website also has a handful of pictures. Looks great. Currently has a list price of $25. I will be needing a couple of these.

The ones he sent me are pretty clean. He has my 4-door Barracuda body too. He said he would be sending it next week. 

On 1/7/2019 at 11:05 PM, Pat Minarick said:

The ones he sent me are pretty clean. He has my 4-door Barracuda body too. He said he would be sending it next week. 

Wow, Jimmy didn't mess around getting mine shipped to me. Ordered Monday about 9pm, was in my mailbox today(Thursday). 

This little Willy's looks great, needs the normal amount of flash cleanup work that I expect of almost any resin supplier. 

I'm not sure I like how the bed floor was done, but i suspect there is a reason behind it that I will discover when I start fitting it to the styrene donor kit.

2 hours ago, 68shortfleet said:

Wow, Jimmy didn't mess around getting mine shipped to me. Ordered Monday about 9pm, was in my mailbox today(Thursday). 

This little Willy's looks great, needs the normal amount of flash cleanup work that I expect of almost any resin supplier. 

I'm not sure I like how the bed floor was done, but i suspect there is a reason behind it that I will discover when I start fitting it to the styrene donor kit.

I made it that way , so it could be finished in different ways . This way it can be built with the straight axle or the pro street chassis. Figured it would be easier to make a bed floor than to have to cut one out to fit the build style.  If you use the pro street chassis you should be able to trim the kits floor to fit. Or you could just make a bed cover.

This is one of five bodies he has casted of mine , it's always cool to see to see how other people finish them . Trying to learn the best ways to make bodies that aren't putting any limits on how they have to be finished.  Thanks for asking that question. I will keep that in mind next time. Can't wait to see what you do with it.

Edited by Pat Minarick