Model Cars Magazine Forum

Can't have a Cobra . . .

I realized early on I would never be able to afford a Cobra much less a clone, replica, carry on. So I decided to focus on Cobra books. Here's a list from Amazon of a few of my better books. This is just up to last year as there were a bunch released recently. 

https://www.amazon.com/gp/richpub/listmania/fullview/R3HOPU136F8IRG/ref=cm_lm_byauthor_title_full

51S9D+Be0nL._SY328_BO1,204,203,200_.jpg

1 hour ago, unclescott58 said:

1/25 or 1/24 is preferred. But, 1/32 is better than nothing. Who makes a 1/32 scale Cobra coupe? Is it styrene or resin? Is it readily available? And affordable? 

Lindberg did it. I won one at a door prize at a club meeting a while back, molded in Hot Pink of all things. It's not really great, but it's something. I'll bet you could find them on ebay right now. 

Kyosho Mini Z R/C bodies actually scale out to 1:27 scale. Resellers and some direct retailers often mistakenly list them as 1:24. While the R/C chassis are adjustable and can accept model kit bodies, Kyosho bodies are smaller than 1:24/25.

Edited by Phirewriter

That's a lame excuse for not owning the real thing.  The reason I don't own a Countach, is because I'm too tall.
Hope posting my photo doesn't top my quota, so steal while you can.  When I attended the IPMS Nationals in 2013, they had a tour to a Shelby museum.  It's not blue, but still cool!

DSC_0354.JPG

48 minutes ago, cobraman said:

Here is the Kyosho body mounted on a AMT chassis and not a Monogram as I said in a post above . The AMT is a 1/25 and I would have to say it is a tad to long . Sorry for misleading anyone . 

Nice one Ray ! And you're correct , the AMT chassis is almost perfect for the Kyosho body .

There's always this 1/24 Snap Kit , not very good as kits go but the body looks good and it fits the Monogram chassis !  It has the sloped roofline like CSX2287 .

Lindberg Coupe 1

Here's the Lindberg and Kyosho side by side , the Kyosho is a better detailed body . It looks wider in the photo but it's just the camera angle .

Lindberg Coupe 2

of course we all realize the old stalwart AMT kit represents the transverse leaf spring suspension 289 in 1/25th scale.

while the Monogram kit is the later Shelby modified chassis with coil springs and a 427 in 1/24th scale.:rolleyes:

The Daytona Coupe was based on the 289 chassis.

The super Coupe being a beast of a different color. 

download (2).jpg

Edited by Greg Myers