Model Cars Magazine Forum

5 hours ago, PettyKW43 said:

I must say this really reminds me of several long gone Fords from my area , especially Motorways who ran a lot of these back in the day!This build is looking fabulous Brian , if you can do tell me how to post pictures from Flickr, I am new to this technology stuff and I want to post pictures of my truck builds that I have going! 

Check the modelcarmag email. Top right hand corner.

On 4/29/2018 at 10:22 PM, Goodwrench3 said:

Ok thanks --  I was hoping it was a bottle brush paint, but rattle can works too.

Is the CAT yellow dupli-color too ?   And did you clear it with some kind of dullcote?

The paint is Caterpillar Yellow from Tractor Supply(Majic Tractor and implement paint). It has not been dullcoated yet but will be.

On 4/30/2018 at 2:22 PM, PettyKW43 said:

I must say this really reminds me of several long gone Fords from my area , especially Motorways who ran a lot of these back in the day!This build is looking fabulous Brian , if you can do tell me how to post pictures from Flickr, I am new to this technology stuff and I want to post pictures of my truck builds that I have going! 

Thanks! Did you get Flickr figured out?

On 5/6/2018 at 9:46 PM, redneckrigger said:

That engine is fantastic!  Great detailing....................but come on, admit it...............didn't you feel just a LITTLE temptation to paint it Driptroit Green??? LOL! Great work Brian, and an inspiration to try that level of details myself!

Thanks Tom! I built the snow plow kit years ago with a 6-71, but I might as well painted this one green, most of it is hid anyway. :D

A little more progress done. Plumbing is 99% complete. Interior is 99% complete. The interior was a challenge. The AMT "bucket" design makes the proportions a little off, which became very apparent when making a dog house. I widened the floor to proper width and moved seats out. I also had a clearance issue between the window and the CB. My bracket is now at the front edge of the dash instead of on top as it started out.

Here's how it looks so far:

41099354265_83c6f44220_k.jpgIMG_8475 by Brian Smith, on Flickr

41307872244_8f7623cf2d_k.jpgIMG_8489 by Brian Smith, on Flickr

41127803155_d66df33d95_k.jpgIMG_8492 by Brian Smith, on Flickr

28154879368_246356b0ab_k.jpgIMG_8496 by Brian Smith, on Flickr

41983516912_0318d862c8_k.jpgIMG_8498 by Brian Smith, on Flickr

41983534372_49a8420393_k.jpgIMG_8509 by Brian Smith, on Flickr

Really like this, Brian.  Maybe I missed it but did you scratch build the fuel tanks?  Those (along with the spokes) really set this thing off nicely.  And talk about trying to put a lion in a litter box!  If you didn't have pix and specs of the real thing I'd say there was no way.  I pity the poor slob stuck with doing an in-frame overhaul on it. 

While I'm quite sure Carolina Freight never spent money for a 3406,  (much less padded door panels or much of anything else) with that air deflector, it sure does remind me of them.  Just put a "half" bumper on it and away we go.

Really nice job.

BTW - here is a really nice creation rig like I speak of in 1:87 scale

http://www.1-87vehicles.org/photo532/ford_lnt9000_carolina.php

Edited by olsbooks
typo

1 hour ago, olsbooks said:

Really like this, Brian.  Maybe I missed it but did you scratch build the fuel tanks?  Those (along with the spokes) really set this thing off nicely.  And talk about trying to put a lion in a litter box!  If you didn't have pix and specs of the real thing I'd say there was no way.  I pity the poor slob stuck with doing an in-frame overhaul on it. 

While I'm quite sure Carolina Freight never spent money for a 3406,  (much less padded door panels or much of anything else) with that air deflector, it sure does remind me of them.  Just put a "half" bumper on it and away we go.

Really nice job.

BTW - here is a really nice creation rig like I speak of in 1:87 scale

http://www.1-87vehicles.org/photo532/ford_lnt9000_carolina.php

Thanks! The tanks and front wheels are from Auslowe. This one is going to be Pilot Carriers, I plan to build a Carolina WT9000 in the near future. Of course I seem to have a lot of future builds planned.

Really like the interior, the dog house looks spot on , I think since I have picked up a number of these Fords I might have to do one myself ! An old family friend used to drive for Motorways here in Winnipeg and this was one of the trucks he drove ( with a Cat as well) . Haven’t figured out Flickr yet but I haven’t had a time in the last couple of weeks for hobby stuff! This project is gonna be fabulous when done , can’t wait to see the end product, looking good Brian! Rick