Model Cars Magazine Forum

Slump buster attempt 2: revell 64 Ford thunderbolt.

426 pack

For those who have seen my first attempt: 1960 ranchero prostreet it is currently stuck due to the fact that I’m out of materials to biuld the roll cage. So I’m starting a simpler slump buster with the only modification being a 427 sohc motor. The colour is going to be White with a grey interior. 

Thanks for looking and coments welcom 

6F7D24FE-CDEA-4167-BE4B-8AF47B559721.jpeg

D11E4148-003C-4F8C-9624-CCBA1AA23DC1.jpeg

B7E4B6B5-4FA3-47BA-B9F8-0FAE8A05E73F.jpeg

6D8E8EC3-C3DB-43EA-8543-EC8AA3240C7E.png

Edited by 426 pack

The coil springs and shocks are mounted above the upper control arms in these cars so to get the SOHC to fit in the Mustang's small engine bay they had to shave off the complete spring tower and did the leaf springs to the lower control arms instead, maybe not optimal but it worked for straight line racing.
The Fairlane has similar engine bay and they had to cut off some of the spring towers and move the upper control arms outwards a bit to fit the 427 wedge engine in the engine bay on the Thunderbolt, and with the SOHC heads you have to remove the towers all together to make room for that engine...so this suspension setup is one option, another might be coil over shocks.

Edited by Force