Model Cars Magazine Forum

Pledge over Createx Problems

I'm trying to apply Pledge over Createx Airbrush paint, and it won't stick.  The base coat is Iridescent Yellow with 10% 4030 Mix Additive, and thoroughly dry.  I'm using a soft brush, and the Pledge goes on looking good but almost instantly recedes into pools, it simply will not stick.

Any ideas what I'm doing wrong?

HR25.jpg.b417453464a691b20830f40195073c47.jpg

Apparently they keep changing the name, but I think this is the same product.  It used to be "Future", was changed to "Floor Care Multi-Surface", and then to the stuff I have.  Strangely enough, their website shows my bottle but your name: FLOOR CARE MULTI SURFACE FINISH

Regardless, this stuff is just like pouring water on glass.

Edited by Harpo

Used Future over Createx never had that problem. How much and what are you reducing the createx with ? I normally use 4012 reducer. In the past I just used water. The future maybe have issues with the 4030, it's not meant to be  reducer.  I have not tried it yet but one of the guys in our local club reduces the Createx with future and gets good results.

Edited by Jon Haigwood

I'm starting to use the Createx line and I've found that staying with their products seems to work with the balancing clear and reducers. So far, I've been spraying lacquer clear over them but I plan to try their clears. I've tried Future and now only use it to clear coat windows. I suggest using the Createx clear. https://createxcolors.com/airbrush-colors/reducers-clears/5620.html

2 minutes ago, Jon Haigwood said:

Used Future over Createx never had that problem. How much and what are you reducing the createx with ? I normally use 4012 reducer. In the past I just used water. The future maybe have issues with the 4030, it's not meant to be  reducer.  I have not tried it yet but one of the guys in our local club reduces the Createx with future and gets good results.

I'm using Createx Airbrush Color reduced 10% with their 4030 Mix Additive/Balancing Clear, which is what they recommend for plastic.  It sprays fine with no other reduction, adding 4012 makes it too thin for my airbrush.

• 1 year later...
On ‎2‎/‎25‎/‎2018 at 8:12 PM, Miatatom said:

I'm starting to use the Createx line and I've found that staying with their products seems to work with the balancing clear and reducers. So far, I've been spraying lacquer clear over them but I plan to try their clears. I've tried Future and now only use it to clear coat windows. I suggest using the Createx clear. https://createxcolors.com/airbrush-colors/reducers-clears/5620.html

Have you or anyone else tried the 5620 clear? I can not seem to get it to lay down nicely. If I spray it light at a higher pressure, it will be smooth but not glossy. If I spray it heavier at a lower pressure it will be glossy but not smooth. Light at lower pressure doesn't want to come out of the airbrush at all. It seems to want to coagulate in the airbrush tip and is a real bear to clean out. I'm glad I only used this in my external mix air brush and not my eclipse!  

PS. I loved the way the Wicked Colors paint went on.

Edited by NOBLNG

Pledge floor care goes over regular acrylic paints nice ( craft paints, hobby acrylics of most brands). But I think of Createx as being rather proprietary which is also why I haven't tried them. I was considering the candy colors but there are other candy colors out there, Vallejo for one. You may have to break down and use what ever Createx suggests for clear coat ( it may be solvent based ).

On 5/18/2019 at 9:12 AM, NOBLNG said:

Have you or anyone else tried the 5620 clear? I can not seem to get it to lay down nicely. If I spray it light at a higher pressure, it will be smooth but not glossy. If I spray it heavier at a lower pressure it will be glossy but not smooth. Light at lower pressure doesn't want to come out of the airbrush at all. It seems to want to coagulate in the airbrush tip and is a real bear to clean out. I'm glad I only used this in my external mix air brush and not my eclipse!  

PS. I loved the way the Wicked Colors paint went on.

Since posting my comments on Createx clear, I've corresponded with Createx. According to them, their clear doesn't gloss up like Tamiya or Model Master. I've got a bottle of their clear but haven't used it yet. I'll probably stick with Tamiya and Model Master.