Model Cars Magazine Forum

65 Chevy Shcool Bus

• 4 weeks later...

I have had this bus on the back burner because I was just kind of stuck on the interior. I had made the bed, but nothing else. So I finally got some inspiration and made some stuff. 

I added a mid sized fridge, a sink/stove combo and a small dresser.  I still have to paint things, but its is moving forward

IMG_0368.jpgIMG_0369.jpg

Edited by Oldmopars

• 4 weeks later...

Well, I still need to do some painting on the interior and the wheels are now primed as well as the frame. I am getting closer. Today I added a few details to the exterior. I did the lights on the rear, wipers, glass and added some Dull wash to tone down the shine.

I fought with the wipers, tried several times to glue them on. I finally drilled and pinned them, this worked the best. 

When I move out of this RV I am living in I will  get the rest of it painted.

IMG_0405.JPG

IMG_0406.JPG

IMG_0407.JPG

I keep plugging away at this project. I got the interior finished. I used some tissue painted with some thinned green paint and Future. It caused it to wrinkle up just right as I did it. 

I also got he engine installed, the old guy that owns this had to replace the engine with one from an 80's Chevy. It is dirty and I wired it. It is hard to see the ignition wires, but they are there as well as the coil. 

I've got he wheels and tires on, weathered the wheels. I still need to get the grill and the front bumper dechromed and painted white, then weathered. But I am getting there. 

IMG_3594.jpg

IMG_3595.jpg

IMG_3596.jpg

IMG_3597.jpg

IMG_3600.jpg

IMG_3601.jpg

IMG_3602.jpg

• 1 month later...