Model Cars Magazine Forum

70 1/2 Camaro

cedarsales

22 hours ago, Jantrix said:

Dude if you are gonna drop a model like that, that clearly has a story, please tell us a little about it. In any case, it's very nicely done. A thumbs up from me.

I had a 74 Z/28 when I got out of High school that was a brown color with the same stance and look of this build. I usually get an idea that is rolling around in my head and just start building as I go. Most of the time when I start a build I don't even know the color yet. It just hits me and I run with it. The wheels and tires are from the parts box and the paint is Testors Brown enamel with a little Metallic mixed in. The suspension is also modified for the stance.

Thanks 

1 hour ago, cedarsales said:

I had a 74 Z/28 when I got out of High school that was a brown color with the same stance and look of this build.

I figured it was something like that. The registration dates added to the license plate said there was something personal there.

I usually get an idea that is rolling around in my head and just start building as I go. Most of the time when I start a build I don't even know the color yet. It just hits me and I run with it.

My building is much the same. There's sort of a plan, and it evolves or devolves from there.

On 2/26/2018 at 11:08 AM, cedarsales said:

cam6.jpg
cam5.jpg
cam4.jpg
cam3.jpg
cam2.jpg
cam1.jpg

This was the "it" car to pull into the high school parking lot with back in the mid to late 70's. There were at least a half dozen that I remember that followed this style of customizing back in the day. You nailed the look and stance! Thanks for sharing and for the memories! 

Mike