Model Cars Magazine Forum

Paul Menard Throwback Chevy SS

Merkur XR4Ti

On 3/4/2018 at 8:01 AM, MarkJ said:

Excellent build. I never understood what this car was a throwback to. I don't remember any nascar cars with numbers in a box like that.

Could it be a throwback to indy cars. I know they had large presence in indy before nascar.

12 minutes ago, CRANMAN1 said:

Could it be a throwback to indy cars. I know they had large presence in indy before nascar.

If it is, that's kinda out of the parameters of the rules for being a nascar throwback. I was hoping Harvick's Chevy  a couple of years ago could have been a throwback  to one of Rex White's Chevies that he drove in the sixty's, but some one told me it could only be back in the eightys that year so he wasn't allowed to.

Yeah think thats true but i know the 22 car had throwback to a GT car. 2017 was throwback to Jimmy Vasser indy car. 2015 was Shell Mario Andretti GT car. IDK what the specs are on the themes think the teams just throwback on sponcers or teams from past. 

4 hours ago, CRANMAN1 said:

Yeah think thats true but i know the 22 car had throwback to a GT car. 2017 was throwback to Jimmy Vasser indy car. 2015 was Shell Mario Andretti GT car. IDK what the specs are on the themes think the teams just throwback on sponcers or teams from past. 

Nobody has done one of Rex White's chevy's  but I was glad to see the 13 team do smokey's chevelle a couple of years ago. Brad did a Miller Lite theme once that had never been on any kind of race car. I think the throwback should revolve around the paint scheme not the sponsor and should only be nascar, not indy, or any other form of racing. jmho.