Model Cars Magazine Forum

Four-door 'Cuda

Pat Minarick

I also remember reading the article about the building of the 1:1 Sedan, and agree this is sort of a Why Didn't They do that. I like how you got the roof blended into theĀ body and the doors look perfectly proportioned. Ā Ā 

13 hours ago, 426 pack said:

Awesome. Ever since I reed the magazine article on the 1:1Ā I have had this same biuld planed. Will be watching this one.

Ā 

13 hours ago, misterNNL said:

Would make a kickin cab!

Thanks , after I get the body finished and door panels done ,I was going to see if Jimmy Flintstone wants to cast it. He has done 4or5 other things I've built.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, espo said:

I also remember reading the article about the building of the 1:1 Sedan, and agree this is sort of a Why Didn't They do that. I like how you got the roof blended into theĀ body and the doors look perfectly proportioned. Ā Ā 

Thank you, the main thing I didn't like was using the E- body windshield.Ā  Way to short and made the s-pillars a strange shape. Not putting down their work. I just think the original B- body windshield would have looked better.

The A pillars on the kitā€™s roof look much better than the 1:1 build. Also, the entire roofline of the 1:1 looks too thin above the doors. Cars like this were made with more headroom because people were still wearing hats. Might look at whipping up a flat hood and a simple egg crate grill based on the kit piece

14 minutes ago, Keesee17 said:

The A pillars on the kitā€™s roof look much better than the 1:1 build. Also, the entire roofline of the 1:1 looks too thin above the doors. Cars like this were made with more headroom because people were still wearing hats. Might look at whipping up a flat hood and a simple egg crate grill based on the kit piece

Thanks , not sure on the hood yet. Still no sure of how I'm going to build it.Ā  Might keep the Hemi and build it as a stock four door Hemi car . I've owned three 'Cudas all with that hood , they just look strange to me with a flat hood.

39 minutes ago, Maindrian Pace said:

There are so many things wrong with the 1:1 that I don't know where to start, but probably the goofy-from-any-angle roof. Yours looks much better already, far better proportions. I also always thought that this car should really be a hardtop, not a pillared sedan.

You are right,Ā  but to be to the way the factory would haveĀ  built it , it would have to be a post car.