Model Cars Magazine Forum

Heller 1949 Talbot Lago Grand prix racer

samdiego

I still have a couple of finishing touches to do. Good kit, the tooling is still in good shape, engraving is good. The hood could have been about an 1/16th longer. I tried to come up with a way to mold the body halves together for paint before assembly but the suspension at both ends wouldn't let me. The seams aren't bad except for between the cowl and cockpit. There are some sinks there that need attention.  The dash is just a flat panel with a nice decal, I'd like to at least have bezels. I didn't have any Photo etch or tubing the right size.  Love the shape of this car and would recommend the kit. Probably my first Heller kit

DSCF4694.JPG

DSCF4747.JPG

DSCF4749.JPG

DSCF4750.JPG

Edited by samdiego
better photos mostly, some editing

No they don't. I kept seeing 1939 on the instructions because they start with a bit of Talbot Lago history, in French. When I finally got around to reading the story in the English translation, it's pretty easy to figure out. This car is indeed from 1949

Edited by samdiego

• 1 month later...
3 hours ago, alexis said:

I have the SMER kit. I need to build it. Seeing your build of the Heller kit, makes me wonder if I should just trash it, and get the Heller kit. Your build is outstanding.

The SMER / Merit kit can make an outstanding model with some effort, but if you don't want it, I'll gladly take it, and pay the shipping.

Here's what it takes to build the SMER kit well:   http://www.aircraftresourcecenter.com/Gal1/501-600/gal558-Talbot-Dalton/00.shtm

02.jpg