Model Cars Magazine Forum

Hey from NC

Stephen H

Hey Everyone.  Apparently I signed up for this forum back in 12 just didn't remember LOL.  That is right when I had my son so things have been crazy every since.  I modeled alot with my Dad when I was a teenager and life just got busy after that.  Well after my son joined the Cub Scouts this year he loved building his Pinewood Derby car so hoping to get him back into modeling with me. I really love Muscle cars and Sports Trucks so tend to gravitate towards those type models.  I still have alot of old models as well as finding my old Badger 200 Airbrush that is still in the packing.  Hoping to find a good budget compressor for that.  Any info on good compressors I am all ears.  Anyways Thanks alot and will be looking forward to getting into the forum and learning from you all.

A welcome from another Tarheel.  I lived in Goldsboro for a couple of years back in the early 70's, a little place called SJAFB.  Now I am retired and living in the beautiful Foothills, about 30 miles west of Winston-Salem.  Like you I built as a kid, although not with my Dad, sold them all off in '84 - got tired of packing every couple years while touring the world in the Air Force.  Reentered the hobby in the late 90's.  I build a little of everything, although I will usually gravitate back to Saturday night circle-trackers or drag cars from the 60's-70's.  Looking forward to some of your posts, let's see some of your builds.