Model Cars Magazine Forum

Tip for Corvette C6-R

Michael Madlinger

Question about the lenses as they relate to the lights on the model: Each of the three lights on each door of the car is an array of three very bright green LED's; therefore there are a total of 18 lamps per car; 9 per side. Are these MV's that small, that you can use three of them for each lamp? Or is it a bit of artistic license to use one MV lense per "disc" to replicate the lamps?

The lights on the car are slightly raised over the surface, the surface of the black disc that contains the array of three lamps is flush, and each of the three LED's appears gray/silver unless it is lit.

I'm probably going to do the light clusters as small decals w/three clear openings for the lamps, and paint the recesses in the doors either silver (for lamps that are off) or flourescent green (for the lamps that are on). Of course if the model is a static display (car is off), the green would never be seen.

I'm also going to spend the time making vented side glass, a rather significant omission by Revell. Or maybe I'll wait to see if the aftermarket steps up w/some goodies for this kit. It's a good enough kit that I hope the aftermarket responds to satisfy the detail hounds.

Thanks for the MV info!