Model Cars Magazine Forum

Styrene dump bed and parts

I asked in another thread about a 1 ton dump bed in resin being produced by anyone, I needed one for a club project. In that thread Steve mentioned that there was a dump bed on ebay, however this was made of styrene and being sold by bcs-trading. I found it and it looked ok and he had 100% feedback so I put out the $34.99 with free shipping and got one using the "buy-it-now" option. I think all his items are "buy-it-now" as he runs an ebay store with the same name. Anyway it arrived yesterday and I am really happy with it! It needs some minor cleanup work and it can always be detailed more to suit your tastes. It took around a week to arrive, the tailgate works as well as having the lift mechanism underneath and working also! Everything is styrene and I am very pleased with the quality! Check out his store as he has a couple other cool things such as a couple of car haulers, a couple utility boxes, a couple towing setups, a flat bed, an English Wheel for dioramas and more. Prices are not that bad!

IMG_2186.jpg

IMG_2187 (2).jpg

IMG_2188.jpg

IMG_2189.jpg

2 hours ago, 1930fordpickup said:

With what  you would have in material not a bad price. It saves you time also. 

Absolutely! I want to get a few of his other offerings, he has a flat bed and roll back that I am interested in!

8 hours ago, fordf-100 said:

Absolutely! I want to get a few of his other offerings, he has a flat bed and roll back that I am interested in!

I have the roll back ( still on the shelf) and was looking at the flat bed last night. I like to get items while I can afford them, when the person stops offering them you are SOL. 

20 hours ago, 1930fordpickup said:

I have the roll back ( still on the shelf) and was looking at the flat bed last night. I like to get items while I can afford them, when the person stops offering them you are SOL. 

How is the rollback? I think that is next on my list!

I bought the Rescue Utility Body for a scale version of my 1:1 Chevy K30 Fire/Rescue truck. I am pleased with it. I asked him to leave the doors off of it because they do not match my 1:1 and he did, just sent them loose in a bag. This was great, I would have had to pry them off and fix the damage caused, but he did as I asked and that saves me time.

Do know that his stuff is cut out on some kind of CNC device and it leaves a bit of a rough edge, so not ready to paint out of the box, will need some love to make it show worthy.

With that said, I would have spent over $28 is stock and time to get what I got in the box. So, overall very pleased.

14 hours ago, Oldmopars said:

I bought the Rescue Utility Body for a scale version of my 1:1 Chevy K30 Fire/Rescue truck. I am pleased with it. I asked him to leave the doors off of it because they do not match my 1:1 and he did, just sent them loose in a bag. This was great, I would have had to pry them off and fix the damage caused, but he did as I asked and that saves me time.

Do know that his stuff is cut out on some kind of CNC device and it leaves a bit of a rough edge, so not ready to paint out of the box, will need some love to make it show worthy.

With that said, I would have spent over $28 is stock and time to get what I got in the box. So, overall very pleased.

I did notice a little bit of work needed on the edges, pretty minor though! I agree on the cost I would have more than $35 in material for the dump bed after several screw ups!!

Plus time, I know that I enjoy spending time modeling but when it would take me as long as it would to produce a dump bed and then I would give up and then re-visit a year later, its well worth the money!!!!