Model Cars Magazine Forum

• 4 weeks later...
On ‎04‎/‎03‎/‎2018 at 9:11 PM, martinfan5 said:

Neither was I , I hope its not going to be a PITRE

For a Jeep a multi piece body design is IMHO the best way to go, otherwise you end up with too many sinkmarks (look at Tamiya's Wrangler)

There's also an advantage for the manufaturer, cuz it's cheaper to tool that way, so with those savings, IMHO they should've included an engine, certainly when you look at the detail incorporated into the underpinnings of the kit.

So I'm still not sure if I'm gonna add this one to my collection.

-_-

10 hours ago, Luc Janssens said:

For a Jeep a multi piece body design is IMHO the best way to go, otherwise you end up with too many sinkmarks (look at Tamiya's Wrangler)

There's also an advantage for the manufaturer, cuz it's cheaper to tool that way, so with those savings, IMHO they should've included an engine, certainly when you look at the detail incorporated into the underpinnings of the kit.

So I'm still not sure if I'm gonna add this one to my collection.

-_-

You summed it up nicely.

This will be the last post as I have since finished this on up.

I wish I had nice things to say, but I dont,  everything was going semi ok up this point,  I dont what is causing it , must of messed something up somewhere but the body is not sitting level on the frame, least of my worries.

40503400425_ccf604a954_c.jpg

40684825764_c0f17e63bd_c.jpg

Trying to attach the hood and the front grill piece proved to be something I was not able to very cleanly ,  problem, the body, was too straight, the one time when it needs not be, meaning , the fenders did not go inwards toward the grill, so the opening was way to wide.   I was able to bend them inwards , broke the left side in two, in the progress.   The windshield frame,  It is not a great fit, and it takes some work to get it sit far enough back, I was not able to get sit far enough back on the right side, which meant the mounting tabs on the inside of the hood that hook into the holes on the fender became useless.

Then there is mounting the grill to the fenders, the pieces that Meng put in place to use seemed utterly useless as well, I was not able to get everything attached and line up via the way you need to, so those got cut and grill got glued directly to the hood/fenders, which was a pain to get it lined up with the hood on.   The fender extensions I guess the are call, dont fit very well either, the fronts, the backs fit ok.

I give up:o, I dont have the skills need to tackle these types of kits it seems.