Model Cars Magazine Forum

Fully detailed Pagani Huayra..Under Glass

Dann Tier

1 hour ago, Charlie0882004 said:

That's some amazing work! How do you make your pieces? 

Thhanks, Chad!, I try to just use styrene from Evergreen, or Plastruck as much as possible when I scratchbuild. the screws are photo-etch.   By the way; hows your Pagani going?

45 minutes ago, landman said:

:o , is this where I thow all my stuff away? This build is truly inspiring.

What do you mean, Pat??….and thank you, I was hoping this build would help, and inspire people to build this kit with confidence...

11 minutes ago, Dann Tier said:

What do you mean, Pat??….and thank you, I was hoping this build would help, and inspire people to build this kit with confidence...

When we see work of that order, we're wondering whether we should just be watching instead of building.;)

1 hour ago, Dann Tier said:

Thhanks, Chad!, I try to just use styrene from Evergreen, or Plastruck as much as possible when I scratchbuild. the screws are photo-etch.   By the way; hows your Pagani going?

It's going great! It's 98% done I will have her finish in a day or so with updated pictures.

Hi,

Well I have this kit and am watching, taking notes.

I will definitely apply what Professor Dann has taught us, that is when I get around to building this kit :) 

I would not be surprised if some one from Aoshima was taking note of this rather lovely build.

2 hours ago, aurfalien said:

Hi,

Well I have this kit and am watching, taking notes.

I will definitely apply what Professor Dann has taught us, that is when I get around to building this kit :) 

I would not be surprised if some one from Aoshima was taking note of this rather lovely build.

Lol......i'm not a professor, just someone who LOVES to create art!!  I'm glad you have the kit, and that I can help.....I could feel everyones frustration, and I knew I could help.  I am actually going to send MANY photos to Aoshima to show them how it shoulda been done, and i'm even contemplating sending photos to Heracio himself. If he only knew how this kit was designed, I think he would be shocked......

7 hours ago, Funkychiken said:

I'm still amazed at those door catches, I can't understand how you made them out of plastistruct...

Good progress!

Thanks, Atin!, let me know if you want me to post step-by-step photos of how I made my door catches, and I will

2 hours ago, Dann Tier said:

Thanks, Atin!, let me know if you want me to post step-by-step photos of how I made my door catches, and I will

I would love to see step by step photo's. I have no idea how you can make something so small!

17 hours ago, shaunmza said:

I would love to see step by step photo's. I have no idea how you can make something so small!

It's simple...he has that machine from "Honey I Shrunk the Kids". He shrinks himself to 1/48th scale, makes the now HUGE parts, and returns to normal to post the progress.:lol:

Hey, everyone!, Great news; I finally have the last bits done that allows me to start actually painting the body parts!!  Here I have the front, and rear cowl hinges together.....I had to create the shock-ends with styrene rod, and I added styrene "rings" to the rear splash guards, so that the micro magnets I glued to the ends of plastic rods, can adjust up, and down to get the right gapping with the rear bumper. Just glue still when you get that proper gapping!   My next move is painting the body!!!

DSCF5960.JPG

DSCF5961.JPG

DSCF5962.JPG

DSCF5963.JPG

• Dann Tier changed the title to Fully detailed Pagani Huayra..Under Glass