Model Cars Magazine Forum

Fully detailed Pagani Huayra..Under Glass

Dann Tier

On ‎4‎/‎10‎/‎2018 at 4:56 PM, fizi said:

I think you should leave this one in its subsections Dann they are all models in their own right, fantastic work

Much appreciated, Mark!!, not a bad idea!, but this one has to be all together, lol!  -I'm fairly sure I can do that when I get another kit to make my Shooting Brake version!!....it will be a curbside build!.....thanks again for the comments, and great idea!!

Just to let everyone know, I noticed recently that Aoshima designed the transmission bell-housing upside down!!!.........the two "windows" on the bottom should be on the top. I wont correct it, because I don't like to patch paint up, and it wont be seen anyway, but I just thought i'd share it with you guys anyway. Havent been able to do any building lately, but I should get a TON of it done this week!!!......thanks again for your interest!!

Pagani-New-Factory-Tour-37-1200x800.jpg

I finally have an update!!!   I scratchbuilt some E-brake cables, better fuel injectors, wired-up a bunch more, added bolts to the bell housing so that the tranny looks like it was actually bolted on.....cant believe that the rest of the tranny has CRAZY detail.....30 molded in bolts, but 0 for the bell-housing!?!! wth?!! next I will be attaching the exhaust pipes!!

DSCF5613.JPG

DSCF5609.JPG

DSCF5616.JPG

DSCF5619.JPG

DSCF5618.JPG

DSCF5622.JPG

DSCF5623.JPG

DSCF5624.JPG

DSCF5620.JPG

Another "Intermission" update here; I have the exhausts installed, and was pleasantly surprised at how easily they went in, considering the O2 sensors, and other extra details I added. the trick to making the exhaust step easier, is to NOT add glue first!, get them fit where you want them, and then flow super glue into the VERY slight gap at the turbos. Don't use Tamiyas thin glues, they wont work, and you need the super glue to not only fill the gap, but also be strong enough to hold while you flex the four tailpipes together. It doesn't take much to flex them together either, which is a nice surprise!...I wont be doing this step until much later, in case I have to tweak the exhaust tips, and flange/collector.....it very possibly could be part of the rear cowls fitment issues. Before I forget, I still HAVE NOT glued the exhaust to the hangers, I will do that later, after i'm 100% sure everything is spot-on.

DSCF5629.JPG

DSCF5628.JPG

DSCF5627.JPG

So, now all you've gotta do, is make a shrinking machine.

Then you can get in it and drive it around!

That engine looks like it would run and the suspension looks fully functional.

This, my fellow modellers, is the level we have to aim for.

Outstanding!

2 hours ago, geetee66 said:

So, now all you've gotta do, is make a shrinking machine.

Then you can get in it and drive it around!

That engine looks like it would run and the suspension looks fully functional.

This, my fellow modellers, is the level we have to aim for.

Outstanding!

LOL!!, I wish!!......WOW!!, your compliment is VERY much appreciated, Guy!!

Thought i'd give an "intermission" update as I watch paint dry. Finished wiring-up the engine, and tiding things up. Almost done with the E-brake brackets, and now decided to scratchbuild more factory-like fluid caps with tiny notches around them. Its too bad you can barely see them, but they are there. I literally had to glue them upside down with canopy glue, just so I could sand them all uniformly. The rest of todays mission is: paint the belly-pan, paint the driveshafts, finish the fuel lines, and scratchbuild the two rear Control-arm supports that are missing. Thanks again for looking-in!

DSCF5634.JPG

DSCF5635.JPG

DSCF5630.JPG

Pagani-Huayra-BC-Geneva-2016-01.jpg

Enjoying the way you're documenting your build Dann. The pieces you're fabricating next to the real deal pics are stunning.  I don't know where you got your reference pics, but they're incomparable.  cheers

3 hours ago, Eric Macleod said:

This is simply amazing. You appear to have more model building talent in your left pinky than I'll ever have in my whole body!

Thanks, Eric!!!, I don't really know how to respond to the comparison, other than the fact that we ALL have our own building styles, and that I don't always go this all-out on my builds. Thank you for the compliment though!!

2 hours ago, Codi said:

Enjoying the way you're documenting your build Dann. The pieces you're fabricating next to the real deal pics are stunning.  I don't know where you got your reference pics, but they're incomparable.  cheers

Thanks, Tim!!!, i'm glad you are liking it!, I just wanna show people that this kit CAN be built the way they intended it to be.....with necessary mods. I get my references from all over the interweb, and youtube.

• Dann Tier changed the title to Fully detailed Pagani Huayra..Under Glass