Model Cars Magazine Forum

Fully detailed Pagani Huayra..Under Glass

Dann Tier

I haven't been able to work on models in a while, so i'm still working on my Pagani.Ā  This is also the first time I've ever posted here as I build. This kit has modelers nervous since no one has been able to make everything fit together. I was going to wait and make a video, but at the rate I build, I wouldn't be helping very much. The way this model builds up out of the box, only gives you two options; 1) leave parts off just so you can close everything (not very well), and 2) glue everything in the "open" position.Ā  I'm 99.9% sure that I can make everything function as expected, in fact, i'm going to be ADDING a lot of details as well. My Pagani will be totally wired up as much as photos will show. I hope I can help others build this kit the way it should be......thanks for looking in.

DSCF5339.JPG

DSCF5340.JPG

DSCF5341.JPG

DSCF5342.JPG

DSCF5343.JPG

DSCF5345.JPG

DSCF5346.JPG

DSCF5348.JPG

DSCF5349.JPG

DSCF5350.JPG

You are off to a great start!
I have that kit, plus the Aoshima photo-etch parts. Ā I have also just ordered theĀ Fuelme metal detail parts from HobbyEasy, and am considering the Hobby Design detail set if it ever is available. Ā I also want to get the proper carbon-fiber decals for the interior (someone has done this model on this forum). Ā That should guarantee I will never build it.Ā :rolleyes:
Are you masking/airbrushing interior parts, or brush painting?

2 minutes ago, 89AKurt said:

You are off to a great start!
I have that kit, plus the Aoshima photo-etch parts. Ā I have also just ordered theĀ Fuelme metal detail parts from HobbyEasy, and am considering the Hobby Design detail set if it ever is available. Ā I also want to get the proper carbon-fiber decals for the interior (someone has done this model on this forum). Ā That should guarantee I will never build it.Ā :rolleyes:
Are you masking/airbrushing interior parts, or brush painting?

Thanks, I have the photo-etch set for this as well, but now days, I only like to use them when the part is missing, in the wrong scale, or needs to be stronger. I will be adding the "Pagani" photo-etch emblems to all the speakers, and tail-end of the transmission. I will also be scratch building, and hooking up the brake fluid bottle, coolant overflow tank, and the little silver canister next to the brake booster. I didn't use the photo-etch brake rotors since the plastic ones were great, so since there was 0 detail on the back sides, I used them there instead. I also scratch built brake calipers for the back sides. I don't like carbon fiber decals.....they still look out of scale to me, so I simulated with metallic paint. I never airbrush.....I like rattle cans, and I mask EVERYTHING. Also, I will be using photo-etch bolts for all the interior parts, instead of paint.

Ā 

You are certainly welcome! Ā I find it funny aboutĀ photo-etch brake disks for carbon-ceramic applications, just isn't right. Ā I built the Volvo BTCC wagon years ago, painted the disks flat black, and used a soft lead pencil to simulate the look. Ā I need to look for your brake calipers and brake lines, that's crazy territory (like I'm not in any way). Ā I've hated on Scale Motorsport c-f decals, so understand you not doing that. Ā Appreciate you explaining what parts you scratch build, can't tell when painted. Ā Rattle cans, keep me away from those!!!! Ā Now I'm more impressed.

22 minutes ago, 89AKurt said:

You are certainly welcome! Ā I find it funny aboutĀ photo-etch brake disks for carbon-ceramic applications, just isn't right. Ā I built the Volvo BTCC wagon years ago, painted the disks flat black, and used a soft lead pencil to simulate the look. Ā I need to look for your brake calipers and brake lines, that's crazy territory (like I'm not in any way). Ā I've hated on Scale Motorsport c-f decals, so understand you not doing that. Ā Appreciate you explaining what parts you scratch build, can't tell when painted. Ā Rattle cans, keep me away from those!!!! Ā Now I'm more impressed.

To do my ceramic brakes, I first paint them with Hot Rod Gray primer, then add a Tamiya black panel line wash, and then (like you), rub graphite onto the rotors with a semi-stiff brush. Oh, I have templates made so that I can scratch build the Pagani floormatts as well.......I will use the photo-etch Pagani emblem on these too.

Edited by Dann Tier

26 minutes ago, Dodge Driver said:

The color and sheen of the seats and trim are just perfect, Dann. Is the color available in spray cans? I'd like to do more interior colors than black or gray for my interiors. Haven't had any success with what I have tried for spray paint.

Thanks, I used Duplicolor Metallic Black for the carbon fiber, and Duplicolor Red Sandable primer for the leather parts.

Finally, I was able to get some more work done today.....assembling, and wiring up the front-end suspension assembly!Ā  Still have more details to add, and some scratchbuilding, but its getting close, then its interior detail time!

DSCF5353.JPG

DSCF5354.JPG

DSCF5355.JPG

DSCF5356.JPG

DSCF5358.JPG

16 hours ago, Bennyg said:

Looks ace. Could you list all the colours you're using? They look the best.

Ben

Sorry it took so long, Ben, here are the colors I've used so far; Duplicolor Radiant silver for all the silver bits (the exhaust was first shot in gloss black), Duplicolor Metallic Black for all the carbon fiber bits -with clear acrylic gloss, Tamiya gold spray for the gold bits, Duplicolor Champaigne for the brake proportionating valve, with Duplicolor Cardinal Red, Model Master Flat Black acrylic for the caps, and Model Master Gloss Black acrylic for what i'm guessing is the brake booster. The coil springs are Model Master Gloss Yellow, the cooling fans were carefully masked, then shot up with Duplicolor Universal Flat Black, as were the CV boots on the Tierod. The Tierod ends were sprayed with Duplicolor Universal Gloss Black, With Duplicolor Radiant Silver for the center bar. The brake rotors were sprayed with Duplicolor Hot Rod Gray Primer, with a black wash, then topped-off with graphite powder rubbed on. The calipers were painted with Model Master Gloss Black acrylic with chrome silver details, and finally, the strut-boots were painted with Model Master Flat Black acrylic, and the spacers in the strut-towers was carefully painted with Model Master Chrome Silver. Hope this helps!

hey BEN FROM right here lol excellent progress,,, thought I might mention in the pic that has all of your front end goodies,brakes front subf on the lower "A" arms, threre are a cpuple of sink marks facingĀ  directly up,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,, usually what I will do im not an Expert LOL, is try to approximate the size of the diameter. and hole in one that baby!,, thanks lookin great

• Dann Tier changed the title to Fully detailed Pagani Huayra..Under Glass