[[Template core/front/global/utilitiesMenu does not exist. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]
Dann Tier

Fully detailed Pagani Huayra...Final checklist items!

Beautiful work. Pagani's have been one of my favorite cars since the zonda.

I'm really enjoying the quality of the paint application and the colors you have chosen. Because the paint is smooth the surfaces scale, and the color choices strike just the right balance between dramatic contrast and the subdued realism of real-life colors. The textures and levels of gloss are on the money. Are you really doing this all with rattle cans?

The key to Pagani's success, I've believe, is that they have always made sure that, despite the astronomical market price, the buyer always knows what they are getting, no matter how or where they look - Pagani highlights all the detail of every sub-assembly through uncompromising choices of finishes and colors. They celebrate the materials and techniques used to create the car. You are doing the same thing in scale. Some may consider these cars garish and overdone, but they are distinctly unique, and escape the blob-like sameness of too many luxury cars these days. At some point it would be great to know more about the colors and paints you have chosen - for example the gold used on the suspension parts, and the handsome brown used in the interior.

Thanks for taking us along for the journey. This is an inspiration and a guide for my future build of this model.

3 hours ago, freddy_fo said:

Beautiful work. Pagani's have been one of my favorite cars since the zonda.

Thanks, John!, its neck-to-neck with the 5000QV Countach as my all-time favorite!!

3 hours ago, Bernard Kron said:

I'm really enjoying the quality of the paint application and the colors you have chosen. Because the paint is smooth the surfaces scale, and the color choices strike just the right balance between dramatic contrast and the subdued realism of real-life colors. The textures and levels of gloss are on the money. Are you really doing this all with rattle cans?

The key to Pagani's success, I've believe, is that they have always made sure that, despite the astronomical market price, the buyer always knows what they are getting, no matter how or where they look - Pagani highlights all the detail of every sub-assembly through uncompromising choices of finishes and colors. They celebrate the materials and techniques used to create the car. You are doing the same thing in scale. Some may consider these cars garish and overdone, but they are distinctly unique, and escape the blob-like sameness of too many luxury cars these days. At some point it would be great to know more about the colors and paints you have chosen - for example the gold used on the suspension parts, and the handsome brown used in the interior.

Thanks for taking us along for the journey. This is an inspiration and a guide for my future build of this model.

Wow!, thanks, Bernard!!  -Yes, it is all rattle cans! Give me a couple days, and I will give you an in-depth list of my colors, Primers, and how, and what order they were applied.......that is SUPER important here.

The Stig is overseeing the build process as well!!

DSCF5468.JPG

2 hours ago, Dann Tier said:

The Stig is overseeing the build process as well!!

:o :D

just an update, it seems I have gotten Type A Influenza, so I haven't been able to work on the Pagani lately. Hopefully soon, though.

get well soon!

Wow ,  awesome work so far

Just...wow!

Jeez Dann great job its really coming together looking forward to seeing the body 

On ‎3‎/‎22‎/‎2018 at 3:20 PM, Kemszi said:

get well soon!

Thanks, Gabor, i'm working on it.....may even be able to work on it tomorrow!....I will try

Thanks, Jonathan, Dennis, and Mark......much appreciated!!

Incredible detail work, well done. 

On 2018-03-22 at 12:00 PM, Dann Tier said:

just an update, it seems I have gotten Type A Influenza, so I haven't been able to work on the Pagani lately. Hopefully soon, though.

Oh dude hang in there...lots of rest, fluids and chicken soup...really does work

Where did you get the Stig figure...I think I need one B)

On ‎3‎/‎24‎/‎2018 at 8:36 AM, Rider said:

Incredible detail work, well done. 

Thanks, Rider!

On ‎3‎/‎24‎/‎2018 at 5:09 PM, Twokidsnosleep said:

Oh dude hang in there...lots of rest, fluids and chicken soup...really does work

Where did you get the Stig figure...I think I need one B)

Thanks, Scott!!....i'm a lot better now. I got my Stig from Hiro Boy. Hobby Design makes it, but couldn't find it on their site, so I had to get it from Hiro Boy. The picture I took, doesn't do it justice. It comes with two heads/helmets, three visors, and the decals needed to replicate Ben Collins' uniform, or Michael Schummacher, which is who I like.

Posted (edited)

Almost doe with the tranny.....tomorrow more photos of it being done!

DSCF5494.JPG

DSCF5498.JPG

DSCF5496.JPG

Edited by Dann Tier

This is building at another level!!i'm in awe!!

10 hours ago, kelson said:

This is building at another level!!i'm in awe!!

Thanks, Curtis!!....much appreciated!!

I've had a really productive day today!  Scratchbuilt; coolant pipes/hoses, fuel pump heat shield, and something that is on the very top of the engine in between the inter-coolers -I have no clue what it is, but it has two wires coming out of it, and I still have to paint its housing flat black. I also scratchbuilt the two different kinds of heat shields behind the turbos.....more wiring to come!!

DSCF5509.JPG

DSCF5508.JPG

DSCF5505.JPG

DSCF5504.JPG

DSCF5513.JPG

DSCF5515.JPG

Very clean detail work, looks great B) Your hose connection in that third picture is spectacular

The Stig sits in my abandoned HB cart awaiting me to pull the trigger :P Soon Stiggy, soon

12 hours ago, Twokidsnosleep said:

Very clean detail work, looks great B) Your hose connection in that third picture is spectacular

The Stig sits in my abandoned HB cart awaiting me to pull the trigger :P Soon Stiggy, soon

Thanks, Scott!!, You will love the detail, and very minute clean-up of that Stig figure!!, my photo doesn't do it justice at all...

Wow, looking Superb! Beautiul work Dann

23 hours ago, FabbricaP said:

Wow, looking Superb! Beautiul work Dann

Thanks, Jason!!, very much appreciated!!