Model Cars Magazine Forum

Fully detailed Pagani Huayra..Under Glass

Dann Tier

I have an intermission update, while my eyes relax a bit. Almost done with the control arm supports!!...just have to make the lower ear mount on the upper control arms, then I can move on to scratchbuilding the two backsides of the air boxes that connect to the turbos!......then its body fitment time FINALLY!!!!

DSCF5649.JPG

23 hours ago, Funkychiken said:

Looking mightily impressive so far Dan, love following along with this!

Thanks a lot, Atin!!......yesterday I got all my scratchbuilt items painted their main kolors, today in a little bit, I will be doing the secondary painting on them!

On 2018-04-21 at 5:42 AM, Eric Macleod said:

This is simply amazing. You appear to have more model building talent in your left pinky than I'll ever have in my whole body!

I kind of feel like that too. For most of us, that level is only a target. Impressive.

11 minutes ago, Bennyg said:

Looking forward to seeing how you get the body done. Everything else has been great. That pewter metallic looks the biz too.

Ben

Thanks, Ben!!, i'm just about to post more photos. Tomorrow I glue all these new bits on, AND all three units to the belly pan.....then its body time!!!!

Got a bunch of tedious detailing done today, tomorrow I will glue-on all these parts, and all three sub-assemblies to the belly pan, then start the body fitment! I cut the molded-in air filters out of the side air boxes so that I can SB my own, along with the back sides of the boxes. I decided to mask-off the top side of the belly pan to keep paint from filling-in the already dodgy glue points. Lastly, I decided to use Milliput to fill-in the center section of the doors hinge cover, since I didn't like the lack of a good base for glue without flowing into the hinges.

DSCF5669.JPG

DSCF5671.JPG

DSCF5672.JPG

DSCF5667.JPG

DSCF5670.JPG

DSCF5676.JPG

DSCF5674.JPG

On ‎4‎/‎28‎/‎2018 at 4:59 PM, PatW said:

Well Dann what a build! I saw Lewis Hamilton driving his around Monaco where he lives! Oh only on TV though! Superb job so far.

WOW!!, Patrick!!,  this is the first time you've ever said anything about my work.......thought you didn't like it?......thanks for checking it out!!

23 hours ago, Twokidsnosleep said:

You are really going the extra mile for the detail...something at need to learn especially as the end gets near in a build

Looking forward to seeing some body panels

Thanks a lot, Scott!!!, here is a teaser photo!, everything is fitting Very nicely as planned!! as you can see, the bonnet got tweaked a bit, and fits perfectly even with all the extras I put in!!!

DSCF5735.JPG

• Dann Tier changed the title to building a fully detailed Pagani Huayra- Body Fitment
1 hour ago, Belugawrx said:

Nice stuff Dann

Really liking all the extras your throwing at this one

Nice work, Cheers

Thanks, Bruce!!...much appreciated!...still have to scratchbuild the heater, and wiper motors to finish-off the front end.

Another update here....i'm almost finished fitting the font cowl, I was even able to use the inner fender wells!, I only had to totally cut-off the "hooks" that connected it to the rest of the car.......don't need'em anyway.  The cowl fits great, but now I have to fix the large gap between the cowl, and the doors.....I got a fix for that already!!...stay tuned, its going together fast now!!

DSCF5751.JPG

DSCF5749.JPG

DSCF5750.JPG

DSCF5754.JPG

DSCF5753.JPG

• Dann Tier changed the title to Fully detailed Pagani Huayra..Under Glass