Model Cars Magazine Forum

Fully detailed Pagani Huayra..Under Glass

Dann Tier

6 hours ago, TKO Exacutioner said:

Not much else I can say that hasn't been said already, this is incredible.  I too have this kit so I will have to benchmark this. Good luck with the painting of the body!

Much appreciated, Justin!...just to let you know, if you go to Scale Models And Figurines on facebook, and youtube, I have videos on my Pagani....if you're interested.

• Dann Tier changed the title to building a fully detailed Pagani Huayra-the final stretch

I think I've got a good system of rotation now between these seven kits i'm building now, and its FINALLY back to the Pagani for a bit!  Here are the "lunch boxes all finished, its hard to tell, but I painted the zipper flat black first, then I used semi gloss black to paint the "teeth".....I used a pin, and spaced-out tiny dots of paint to help simulate the teeth, instead of just painting a line of paint. The zippers themselves are made of two pieces of VERY thin aluminum...I found it curious that the pulls weren't shaped like the rest of the cars Pagani emblems. The handles are made of masking tape, with super thin aluminum tie-downs. Now i'm going back in to add all the under-the-body decals, and to scratchbuild the last few vacuum , heater, and AC lines!

DSCF6169.JPG

13 minutes ago, FabbricaP said:

Can't wait to see all these great details come together. Are the luggage pieces included in the kit?

Thanks, Jason!, yes they are, but for some stupid reason, the back side of the "lunch boxes" are open, so I had to fill them with Milliput……..they WILL be seen when the model is finished!

• Dann Tier changed the title to Fully detailed Pagani Huayra.....finished, except for the body

Here are the finished photos, hope you enjoy!!

-Photo 2; If you look closely, you can see the ignition key cap-holder that I scratchbuilt….on the center column just in front of the shifter. Not all Huayra's have them, but I liked the challenge..lol

-Photo 6; You can actually see the paper air filter with the orange seal that I scratchbuilt...didn't think it would be possible!

DSCF6186.JPG

DSCF6197.JPG

DSCF6199.JPG

DSCF6206.JPG

DSCF6210.JPG

DSCF6212.JPG

DSCF6213.JPG

DSCF6214.JPG

• Dann Tier changed the title to Fully detailed Pagani Huayra..Under Glass