Model Cars Magazine Forum

Fully detailed Pagani Huayra..Under Glass

Dann Tier

Hey, everyone!, update here...instead of bouncing around and finishing the little bits all over, I've decided to stick to one area, and finish them off entirely, i.e; today is the front cowl. I had several things to do to it still, in fact, it is the 'part' that takes up most of the things on my "Finishing" list. True to form, I decided to SB something else, lol…...the hydrolic units for the flaps, and the CF, wire-hiding frame piece that the real car has. I also had to redo the headlamp access panels, because even the thinnest plastic was still too thick, and wouldn't allow the cowl to seat down all the way. My next fix was to try heavy aluminum cooking foil....lets see how that goes after the paint is applied!

Next will be SB the red release tabs, and setting the magnets at the proper level.

DSCF6992.JPG

DSCF6993.JPG

DSCF6995.JPG

DSCF6996.JPG

DSCF6997.JPG

I know I just got done SB these recent parts, but I found better photos to go by, and I had to change the curvature of the wire harness cover.....now its spot-on!, and I can see more of the hydrolic units, so I will be adding to those straight away before paint.

DSCF7001.JPG

DSCF7002.JPG

DSCF7003.JPG

• Dann Tier changed the title to Fully detailed Pagani Huayra...finishing off the front cowl

Well, everybody, since finding better photos, these parts have evolved again...lol

Both the hydrolic units, and the harness cover are now, FINALLY, ready for paint!!...I have also made the three main wiring harness' also.

Next for this cowl will be SB the two release tabs, and re-painting the headlamp access covers....finally. I will then move onto finishing some details to the rear cowl, i.e., wire harness, window brackets, and release tabs.

-Photo 5; I found a great way to replicate the wiring harness'. Tape the wires close together...

-Photo 6; Brush-on Canopy glue to the desired length...

-Photo 7; and when dry, paint it flat black, or whatever kolor you want.....it looks great!

DSCF7013.JPG

DSCF7014.JPG

DSCF7012.JPG

DSCF7008.JPG

DSCF7010.JPG

DSCF7011.JPG

DSCF7015.JPG

Edited by Dann Tier

• Dann Tier changed the title to Fully detailed Pagani Huayra...ready to paint hydrolics
4 hours ago, carmad1957 said:

That's quite a project you have there! Talk about inspiration- wow! Have a Ferrari Enzo planned for a winter build, best I can hope for is it turns out as nice as this!

Very nice job??

Thanks, Kevin!, I will look forward to checking yours out!   -Will it be a Tamiya kit?

• Dann Tier changed the title to Fully detailed Pagani Huayra.....new update

Believe it or not, but the freaking hydrolics units took me all day to get to this point, but thankfully, I will be wiring them up tomorrow.

Its too bad that because of the kolor, scale, and sheen of the part, you cant really see all the tiny little details I've added.

-Photo 5; I added PE bolts to the hinges to help with the realism, and added the bump-stops to the middle supports.

-Photo 6; Here is the new, smaller door catch I SB.

-Photo 7; These wire harnesses turned out pretty nice, and I cant wait to hook them up tomorrow, and finish the front cowl entirely!

DSCF7021.JPG

DSCF7025.JPG

DSCF7026.JPG

DSCF7027.JPG

DSCF7028.JPG

DSCF7033.JPG

DSCF7034.JPG

13 hours ago, Dann Tier said:

Thanks, Kevin!, I will look forward to checking yours out!   -Will it be a Tamiya kit?

Hummm....you mean there are other kit manufacturers out there other than Tamiya? How can that be? Of course I'm JK!

After discovering the near museum quality these kits truly are, I probably won't bother with any domestic kit makers from here out. I mean geeez, I'd be doing Mr. Ferrari a real injustice starting out with any other kit out there!

Considering the fact that I haven't been doing much building at all over the last several years,  I'm doing Tamiya's Kawasaki HR2 as kind of a "tune up" before getting started with these 3 Ferraris so we'll see!

How's yours coming along? 

56 minutes ago, carmad1957 said:

After discovering the near museum quality these kits truly are, I probably won't bother with any domestic kit makers from here out.

I'm glad I'm not the only one who feels this way! Although I still buy domestics, it's only because some of the subject matter isn't available in the Japanese kits. 

I just feel the quality and detail in a Tamiya, Aoshima, Fujimi, or Meng is just so much higher than the domestic kits.

:)

• Dann Tier changed the title to Fully detailed Pagani Huayra....hydrolics finished!!
9 hours ago, carmad1957 said:

Hummm....you mean there are other kit manufacturers out there other than Tamiya? How can that be? Of course I'm JK!

After discovering the near museum quality these kits truly are, I probably won't bother with any domestic kit makers from here out. I mean geeez, I'd be doing Mr. Ferrari a real injustice starting out with any other kit out there!

Considering the fact that I haven't been doing much building at all over the last several years,  I'm doing Tamiya's Kawasaki HR2 as kind of a "tune up" before getting started with these 3 Ferraris so we'll see!

How's yours coming along? 

That's funny!,  it sure is coming along good, thanks!.....cant wait to see what you do with the FXXK!!!

8 hours ago, iamsuperdan said:

I'm glad I'm not the only one who feels this way! Although I still buy domestics, it's only because some of the subject matter isn't available in the Japanese kits. 

I just feel the quality and detail in a Tamiya, Aoshima, Fujimi, or Meng is just so much higher than the domestic kits.

:)

I agree, bud!!

• Dann Tier changed the title to Fully detailed Pagani Huayra..Under Glass