Model Cars Magazine Forum

Fully detailed Pagani Huayra..Under Glass

Dann Tier

12 hours ago, Jason Sheer said:

THat latch is next level ! Super-customize Me Please ! Are you still painting the Body Silver-graphite color? Now all we need is a Konessieg Agera Kit! Aoshima get on a licensing deal with Christian pronto!!!!

Thanks, Jason!!, I actually wasn't sure it was going to work at first to be fair. The actual kolor i'm painting it is going to be; Duplicolor Pewter Metallic. and yes, a Konessieg would be great!

1 hour ago, NOBLNG said:

Hi Dann. Pardon my ignorance, but what's the deal with this tool? Is it just a piece of wire on a handle, or a hypodermic type tube? What type of glue works with it and how do you use it?

Thanks, Greg.

Hey, Greg!, I don't know about anybody else, but quite often I will make things like this to make my building easier. I try to mask as much stuff as I can, but there will ALWAYS be a time that I have to hand paint/ detail something. I made this tool out of necessity for this Pagani, but its proving to be more useful than I originally thought. Its made of a styrene rod, and K&S spring steel. I needed something to accurately, and uniformly dd all the screws, and bolts in the interior, and after putting a comfortable angle on it, and grinding the end of it totally flat, it worked quite well as you can see. I ended up using it for knobs/ buttons on the steering wheel and dash as well. Its even REALLY great for micro applications of glue!, and you can scrape the end off as much as you need, without damaging the end, because its spring steel!  I do have other sizes now that I know they work well. Thanks for the interest, I hope this helped!

Variation on a theme. Here's a tool I've used for 30 years, specifically for applying super glue. It's a sewing needle that has half of the eye ground away. Dip it into a drop of super glue and hold it adjacent to the desired joint. Capillary action will draw the glue into the joint. Since these needles are hardened it's easy to scrape clean. Hope Dann doesn't mind my intrusion...

Take care, Mike 

5b36559b35e96_2017-11-1204_38_05.jpg.f41682001c75a68f935ac91d123c3f0f.jpg

5b3655b7ee566_2017-11-1204_38_57.jpg.12d292d882fe6cf57d858952ca70f4c3.jpg

6 hours ago, shaunmza said:

Thanks so much for the step by step process @Dann Tier

You make it look so simple, but I don't think I would have figured it out on my own.

How do you get the dot of glue on the tool you use? Do you just dip the point into the superglue?

Glad to help, and yes, I just touch the tip on a drop of superglue.

2 minutes ago, mecklm said:

Variation on a theme. Here's a tool I've used for 30 years, specifically for applying super glue. It's a sewing needle that has half of the eye ground away. Dip it into a drop of super glue and hold it adjacent to the desired joint. Capillary action will draw the glue into the joint. Since these needles are hardened it's easy to scrape clean. Hope Dann doesn't mind my intrusion...

Take care, Mike 

That works pretty good too!, for my main building, I have an old pin-vise without the swivel end, that I use. I put a broken drill bit in it (backwards), and ground the tip at a sharp angle....works perfectly!. and like yours, you just scrape it klean!

1 hour ago, fizi said:

jeez Dann those parts are unreal, amazing work seriously incredible, hats off to you mate cant wait to see her done :):o

Thanks, Mark!!, where have you been?!, hopefully everything is tickety-boo in your life!!   -I will be posting a video on how I like to mount its parts for painting, otherwise, it wouldof already been primered today, lol

8 hours ago, mecklm said:

Take care, Mike 

Heres my main glue application tool....

DSCF6009.JPG

DSCF6010.JPG

DSCF6011.JPG

4 hours ago, Twokidsnosleep said:

I usually wind up using my finger with super glue it seems :huh:

needle, toothpick, looper whatever the mighty fingers find their way :blink:

LMAO!!!, that reminds me of when I use to put Super glue on a square of sheet styrene, and while I was working, I ended-up with it stuck to the side of my hand!!!...lol

30 minutes ago, Dann Tier said:

LMAO!!!, that reminds me of when I use to put Super glue on a square of sheet styrene, and while I was working, I ended-up with it stuck to the side of my hand!!!...lol

Yep

I can seriously get fingerprints in anything

i am certain they could do forensic ID of my prints from ALL of my builds

On 29/06/2018 at 11:18 PM, Dann Tier said:

Thanks, Mark!!, where have you been?!, hopefully everything is tickety-boo in your life!!   -I will be posting a video on how I like to mount its parts for painting, otherwise, it wouldof already been primered today, lol

Mate life's a bit turbo at the moment, works crazy busy not had a minute to myself

5 minutes ago, Tommy124 said:

Hi Dann, your performance on this kit is just great - and everybody knows it. Keep up the excellent work, looking forward to the finished model.

In addition to that, I can just quote this "wise guy":

LOL!, Thanks, Thomas!, i'm in the process of painting th body now.....usually takes me two weeks, but I will be posting more SB details VERT soon!!  -i'm glad you like it!, if you are interested, I have made three videos on building it so far. They can be seen at; Scale Models And Figurines.....youtube

On ‎6‎/‎28‎/‎2018 at 10:13 AM, Dann Tier said:

I needed something to accurately, and uniformly dd all the screws, and bolts in the interior,

dd?? dutifully detail? drastically detail?

Edited by NOBLNG

• Dann Tier changed the title to Fully detailed Pagani Huayra..Under Glass