Model Cars Magazine Forum
Dann Tier

Fully detailed Pagani Huayra..Under Glass

4 hours ago, Italianhorses said:

No, that's absolutely spot on. I used to be a perfectionist and little things would drive me nuts! I would re-paint entire bodies because of small specs of dust. But then I realized it does not do me any good and uses up more of my modeling time, which I don't have enough to begin with. So I became a "good enough for me" model builder. And you know what - its great!

Also, quite often, little smudges, goof-ups, or other, can actually help with realism.....especially when you're into the "Used" look. Even non-perfect windows, that most people get bummed about, actually end up looking more realistic than perfect ones. Unless you're building a trailor queen, MOST windows on cars, regardless of how expensive it is, has surprisingly un-perfect glass.....I learned this going to museums, and car shows.

2 hours ago, FabbricaP said:

Looks amazing Dann! Wouldnt worry about body panel gap so much - this one deserves to be displayed with everything open! Great job

Thanks, bud!!...much appreciated!!

1 hour ago, Twokidsnosleep said:

SpectacularB)

Get some pics with the backdrop and the car soon:wub:

Merry Christmas and HNY as well bud

Thanks, bud!!….i'm trying to get it all together for the photos!!  lol.....MERRY CHRISTMAS!!!...HAPPY NEW YEAR too!!!

20 hours ago, Hooked on Chaparral said:

amazing piece of work Dann you should be very proud

Thanks, bud!!, I sure am!...I accomplished what I set out to do, that's for sure...lol

I don't think there is a superlative that hasn't been used yet so I am just going to say, beautiful build, Dann!  It has been enjoyable following along.

10 hours ago, Nacho Z said:

I don't think there is a superlative that hasn't been used yet so I am just going to say, beautiful build, Dann!  It has been enjoyable following along.

Thanks, John!!...very much appreciated!! I'm glad you like it!....just as soon as this easile is done, I can post it in the Under Glass section...just have to paint the picture brace, and add PE stuff!

DSCF7341.JPG

DSCF7342.JPG

mate that is incredible wow wow wow and wow I've never followed a build and been so looking forward to seeing the final product and you my friend have nailed it totally awesome one of the best builds on the web, congrats :D

3 hours ago, fizi said:

mate that is incredible wow wow wow and wow I've never followed a build and been so looking forward to seeing the final product and you my friend have nailed it totally awesome one of the best builds on the web, congrats :D

WoW!!, Thanks a lot, bud!!!....I really enjoyed making it