Model Cars Magazine Forum

Fully detailed Pagani Huayra..Under Glass

Dann Tier

• Dann Tier changed the title to Fully detailed Pagani Huayra...two parts left!!!...mirrors, and cowl straps

Heres an exciting update for me, that leaves me with only two things left!!!....

-Photo 1;Here is the side marker assembly all finished, with the more realistic LED to the right.

-Photo 2; This is what I used to make the LED's with here, as well as behind the interior door pulls....it has the right "Milky-transparent look" that I needed. This stuff is great for all sorts of things....door reflectors, side markers, and turn signals, just to name a few. If you're like me, and you cant stand it when turn signals are decals, I use this stuff...works like magic!, and has great adhesive....even with micro-size bits like these!

-Photo 3; I don't really fancy brush painting, but it was the best choice in this situation.....I still could at least mask the perimeters for the flags...

-Photo 4; I think they actually turned out pretty decent, and I know this is replica stock, BUT I decided to pay tribute to the guys who made the power plant of this BEAST...….the Germans!!….so I painted their flag kolors on the passenger side mirror. I guess I always gotta change somethin....lol

DSCF7221.JPG

DSCF7223.JPG

DSCF7230.JPG

DSCF7244.JPG

3 hours ago, Ich_Will said:

Oh so close! We’ll all breathe a collective sigh of relief when you’re done. I like the flags on the mirrors. Very nice. You’d have liked the German flag mirror on my GTI

Yes it is, bud!!…..thanks!!   I definitely would, since i'm 3/4 German!

15 hours ago, Dann Tier said:

Yes it is, bud!!…..thanks!!   I definitely would, since i'm 3/4 German!

OK, let's face the truth - this is an original German car. Okay, they did let the Italians do some drawing and designing but... LOL! 

Nice touch on the flags, Dann, but I think the Italians would rather not have us stress the German (AMG) engine... aswell as the fact that Horacio Pagani is an Argentine .  :)

13 hours ago, Tommy124 said:

OK, let's face the truth - this is an original German car. Okay, they did let the Italians do some drawing and designing but... LOL! 

Nice touch on the flags, Dann, but I think the Italians would rather not have us stress the German (AMG) engine... aswell as the fact that Horacio Pagani is an Argentine .  :)

LOL!!!, I think you're right, Tommy!!….we cant help it.....we build AWESOME stuff!!!   I did competitive bodybuilding for a loooong time, but i'm taking a bit of an off season now, but I had a tattoo done on my lower neck between my shoulder blades that has the German flag with the words; "German Engineering"......since i'm  Riesig, and won a lot...lol

Edited by Dann Tier

23 hours ago, FabbricaP said:

Excellent work almost there Dann! Ur Gonna need a photo album to show all the detailing on this build when done haha

Lol, Jason....thanks!!   The down-side for me with a build like this, is that when I post it to "Under Glass", I don't wanna right down everything I did...….it would take too long, so hopefully the massive amount of photos will show it all...….some things are so tiny that my camera, as good as it is, wont get some things crisp, and clear.....like the door, and cowl catches, or the VERY tiny key-cover holder.

• Dann Tier changed the title to Fully detailed Pagani Huayra...update

Hey, everyone!, I haven't had much time to work on it these last couple of days, but I did manage to get most of the straps done at 4/5 a.m. this morning. I figure I only have less than an hour left on them, then I can attach them, and the mirrors, and she's done!

DSCF7255.JPG

Well everybody, all I have to do now is attach these straps after I add the screws to the shiny bits, then attach the mirrors, and she will be DONE!!!!

-Photo 1; I used masking tape, and scrap PE bits to make the straps, then shot them up with the interior leather kolor.

-Photo 2; To replicate the metal clasps that hold them down, I used my trusty canopy glue again. With the same way tiny water drops hold a symmetrically smooth contour, so did the glue. Brushing it on with the intention of leaving a drop behind, it left the exact contours I needed, now once its dry, I can paint them.

-Photo 3; Here they are all painted up. If you look closely at the real car, you can see that the straps attached to the buckles is actually black, and only the loops are interior colored leather. All that's needed to do to these, is to add the PE screws to the shiny bits, and attach them to the car!

-Photo 4; Yes, its yet ANOTHER use for my canopy glue!  To help locate, and hold the door struts in, I added a tiny amount of glue to both ends of the struts. It will dry clear, and it will grip good!

DSCF7258.JPG

DSCF7259.JPG

DSCF7263.JPG

DSCF7261.JPG

• Dann Tier changed the title to Fully detailed Pagani Huayra...second to last update!
2 hours ago, Justin Porter said:

Given the contents of the kit box alone, the sheer scope of what you've added and corrected is amazing. 

Thanks a lot, Justin!!….I cant even remember everything about it anymore.....I have to go back and look at my own WIP photos....lol

Well, everyone, I test fitted the straps, and discovered that the rear buckles are a bit too thick. I built them realistically which equated three layers of tape, and that was two too many. I have two options as I see it; 1) redo them, but utilize the impressionistic technique to get them done, or carefully notch-out the door sill  -NOT happening. Here you can see how the rear is affected, but the front...not so much. At any rate, they will all have to match, so I will be redoing them shortly today.

DSCF7265.JPG

DSCF7266.JPG

• Dann Tier changed the title to Fully detailed Pagani Huayra...teaser photos!!, only straps to go!!

Now that the new...better straps are done, its time to klean-off all the dust, and fingerprints so that I can do the photos, and post my Finished video on youtube; Scale Models and Figurines!!…..thanks everyone for following this long build!, I'm glad you enjoyed it, and I hope that it helped you be able to build yours!!

DSCF7300.JPG

DSCF7303.JPG

DSCF7308.JPG

DSCF7307.JPG

• Dann Tier changed the title to Fully detailed Pagani Huayra..Under Glass