Model Cars Magazine Forum

Volvo 240 Turbo

Hello! I have new project again.. Im doing this as fictional race car with John Player Special paint theme.. Interior is almost done, now i just have to wait PE-parts to arrive so i can continue with it.. Body is untouched yet and chassis is under construction but nothing much to show at them.. :)

_full.jpg

_full.jpg

Thank you David.. Yes this kit is 1:24 scale Volvo from Beemax/Aoshima models.. I have plan to make atleast 4 of these Volvos with differend sponsor and paint themes.. This will be first one in row.. They all will be fictional race cars in some of my favourite scenes.. B)

Here are couple more teaser photos in middle of progress.. Detailing will be continued after i get that PE set on my hands..

_full.jpg_full.jpg

I was a race/rally marshall in the day. I was taking pics with my son's zoom lens near a corner and as the driver took his foot off the gas a flame about 3 feet long came out of the exhaust just under the passenger side door! When I developed the pics for that day all I had was the flame, nothing of the car just the flame!

Superb so far, keep up the good work!

Thank you guys!

Here is update.. I finally got those PE-parts so i can move on with progress now.. I have never used so many PE-parts with my builds before, just about some ignition wirelooms etc.. Ok, front of chassis is almost done, rear part will need some more work.. But i let pictures talk.. B)

_full.jpg

_full.jpg

_full.jpg

_full.jpg

• 2 weeks later...

Its about time for update guys! and thank you for comments B)

First time ever i made seatbelts for model car, it was bit battle but i think its good enough for being first time.. Also it was first time i used carbon fiber decaling for seat back.. Nice stuff.. Now less talk and more pictures.. ;)

_full.jpg

_full.jpg

_full.jpg

_full.jpg

_full.jpg

Thank you Jonathan... I have seen this type seatbelt set up and also rollbar set up.. Instructions told to attach them in the floor.. 

Here is another update for you guys.. I got it painted.. Its not perfectly smooth since i got some orange peel there, but i will leave it now as it is.. 

_full.jpg