Model Cars Magazine Forum

1980's MotorMaster model kit

Hi all I am going to be working on the Decepticon motor master model kit, I will be using the 1980's version, 

Picture will be up soon of the Revell Kenworth K-100 Aerodyne Cabover that I will be using, I am waiting on the trailer from ebay. I will be using a nascar hauler trailer model kit, since I am having bad luck find the amt beaded trailer.

anyways thanks for stopping by and having a look

p.s I will be trying to add LED light on this kit as well, looking into a micro drill for the 1:25 scale model kit.

I have added a few picture of the transformer from the 1980's, so you can see what the MotorMaster looked like from the 1980's transformers, and once again thank you for stopping in and having a look,

again i know it's been a few years since I have posted 

Decipiticon sysmbol.jpg

motormaster2b-34829-1300-1300-90-wm-left_top-100-Unicroncomwatermarkpng.jpg

Transformers Motomaster G1.JPG.opt250x217o0,0s250x217.JPG

Future model kit idea motoermaster.jpg

images (1).jpg

Here is the Model Kit I will be using to make the 1980's MotorMaster, It's by Revell Kenworth K-100 Aerodyne, I am also waiting on the delivery of the Nascar trailer model kit to come in today That i will be using for the trailer, since I could not find the Amt beaded trailer, but it would work, thanks for stopping in and having a look, please leave your comments

MotorMaster Transformer model kit build 001.JPG

MotorMaster Transformer model kit build 002.JPG

MotorMaster Transformer model kit build 003.JPG

Here is the trailer frame painted With the Purple thanks for reading and stopping by,

(I am looking for some information or ideas on the Lighting the tail lights, I have Fiber Optics and LED pre-wire and resistor

and Idea) thank you again for stopping by and reading, Hope you enjoy this build,. I have a battery trays that is 4 C- Batteries, and 6 double A battery trays, with on and off switch, 

IMG_9538.JPG

IMG_9539.JPG

IMG_9540.JPG

IMG_9541.JPG

1 hour ago, model1:25th scale said:

IMG_9540.JPG

IMG_9541.JPG

I get that you are trying to save time, spraying everything on the sprue, but that doesn't really let you clean up the parts. See the little circles on all those parts? Those are ejector pin marks left over from the injection molding process. Ejector pins push the sprue from the mold as it's cooling. The faster the machine, the worse the marks as the plastic is still soft. Those should be sanded smooth as well as any other mold lines on the parts for the best possible fit and appearance.

• 2 weeks later...

OK i am waiting on more paint for this kit build and I thought I will share with you all my next idea to make this complete.. Since I have a Nascar trailer for this model build. If you look at the picture you will see a black car with 2 front ends,

So fo this I bought two Revell 1/24 Lamborghini Countach LP500S Plastic Model Kit, I will cut these two cars in half and glued the two front ends together to make this, I am also trying to figure out how to add the (Fiber optic's) or (led) (halogen) to this, I have 4 double A battery terminals and 1 C-Battery terminal. any ideas thank you for viewing and posting your comments.  Sorry for the CAPS.

1980's MotorMaster.JPG

MotorMaster Car.jpg

Edited by model1:25th scale

• 2 weeks later...

Finished the Motor Master tractor three days ago. and Finished the trailer well waiting on the bare metal foil to come in from amazon, so I can add the pin stripping and the decepitcon logo to the trailer, Sorry the rims is not Brown I was close when I took these pictures The 2 car in the picture i will be cutting in half to make Motor Masters car, but not sure which side to cut, gotta mke them the same, I will enclose the picture of the 1980's car for Motor master 

IMG_9599_1.JPG

IMG_9598.JPG

IMG_9602.JPG

IMG_9600.JPG

IMG_9612.JPG

IMG_9601.JPG

IMG_9613.JPG

IMG_9614.JPG

IMG_9615.JPG

IMG_9616.JPG

IMG_9617.JPG

IMG_9618.JPG