[[Template core/front/global/utilitiesMenu does not exist. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]
Sign in to follow this  
Oldmopars

CJ7? Any 1/25 scale current issue? Or even resent?

So, I ordered the Daisy Duke "CJ7", from the E-Bay ad it was hard to tell it was not a CJ7. No problem, it was still new in the box shrink wrapped so I got what I paid for and am still happy. However, as I like to do, I like to build more accurate models of my favorite T show cars. I spent many hours on the "General Lee" using a Revell Pro-modeller 69 Charger R/T and the AMT Dukes decals and wheels/tires. 

So, I would like to find a good 1/25 CJ7, the AMT Daisy Duke "Dixie" Jeep is not a CJ7, but a CJ5/M38-A1. Anyone know of a good kit? 

Just for the record, Dixie was a CJ7 Golden Eagle, the AMT kit is a CJ5, and an old one at that, the decals say "Daisy" on the hood, it should say "Dixie" or have "Golden Eagle" on the hood and "Dixie" on the doors. 

Beyond that the wheels are the wrong color and several other details are wrong for a true "Dixie"

No good Jeep CJ-7 exists in 1/25, unfortunately. Expand to other scale and there are more options.

Revell has a '77 Jeep CJ-7 in 1/24 scale that builds up nice and will suffice for your Daisy Jeep. It is currently out of production but easily found on eBay or at shows and swap meets. You can also check with a few of the old kit sellers like Model Empire, Dean's Hobby Stop or Fred Sterns.

Thanks, I love the CJ5 and might build it up as a M38A-1 with correct wheels and tires etc, but for the Daisy Duke jeep, I want a CJ7. I will look for the Revell kit and see what I can find.

On 3/6/2018 at 11:26 AM, Oldmopars said:

Thanks, I love the CJ5 and might build it up as a M38A-1 with correct wheels and tires etc, but for the Daisy Duke jeep, I want a CJ7. I will look for the Revell kit and see what I can find.

Would the AMT/MPC CJ-5 be correct for a 1974 model?

Yes it would, it will need to be cut shorter to work as a pre 1971 or a M38A-1. 

2 hours ago, Oldmopars said:

Yes it would, it will need to be cut shorter to work as a pre 1971 or a M38A-1. 

Great, thanks.