Model Cars Magazine Forum

Any word on the Revell '30 Model A coupe ?

On 3/6/2018 at 1:45 PM, slusher said:

I wish they would bring it back I didn't get one...

The coupe version is supposed to be coming later this year with the Buick engine from the first roadster version. If you want the small block Chevy engine you'll need to get it in the current roadster release.

9 hours ago, Rocking Rodney Rat said:

Don't tell anyone but I have three of the original issue Revell '30 coupes factory sealed on the shelf....sshhhhh!!!!  -RRR

Based on a recent eBay search, you're sitting on $300 - $400! Buy low, sell high, re-buy low later this year. ?

2 hours ago, Fat Brian said:

The coupe version is supposed to be coming later this year with the Buick engine from the first roadster version. If you want the small block Chevy engine you'll need to get it in the current roadster release.

I have been wanting a while to get a 30 model A but they never seem to produce one.  

58 minutes ago, slusher said:

I have been wanting a while to get a 30 model A but they never seem to produce one.  

I missed it the first time too and I'm very frustrated they chose to bring the roadster back for a third time before bringing the coupe back again. I was thinking of boycotting this issue of the roadster but it's the only way to get the small block and it has both sets of wheels so it's a parts box stuffer.

Yeah, I'll be getting this new Roadster. Revell did what I wanted to do, when these kits first came out. I bought both of them for the purpose of putting the blown small block in the Roadster. So, now it's done for me. I'm in for a couple of these.

On 3/25/2020 at 7:15 AM, Fat Brian said:

Full fendered?

17 hours ago, Casey said:

That brings up a good question, though I think it may have been addressed previously-- was a set of fenders designed from the start as an alternate version(s)?

Casey.....based on discussions with both the kit's designer and the team (at the time the kits were under development) at Revell.....the answer is "no".     TIM 

Thanks, Tim.  Hearing that from you, closes the "Fender Issue" Definitively!

That's good to hear.  I've been planning (even before the Corona-Crazy hit), that the Coupe would be a 2020 Christmas Gift to myself. The Revell Product Release cycle always seems to be a bit slow, so expecting this kit around Dec 2020 seemed the best way not to be disappointed if it did not show up sooner.  I'm still thinking that Dec 2020 is a decent guess-timated timeline.

If it comes sooner, I'm Thrilled!  If it is later than that, I'll not be really upset.

That is magnificent, Rodney.  Only this week I had the Revell and Monogram coupes side by side trying to contemplate if this was doable. Looks like my first call was wrong.  Did you have to shorten the fender unit at all to make up for the scale difference?

Cheers

Alan

On 3/25/2020 at 8:49 AM, Fat Brian said:

I missed it the first time too and I'm very frustrated they chose to bring the roadster back for a third time before bringing the coupe back again. I was thinking of boycotting this issue of the roadster but it's the only way to get the small block and it has both sets of wheels so it's a parts box stuffer.

Did I miss something? To My knowledge this will be the second time around for the Roadster, and the Coupe was only issued Once so far.

You know guys, I am still offering a reworked Revell Model A coupe body in resin.......with a much more aesthetically pleasing roof insert and firewall.  I just figured I would pop in and let you know there was an alternative to waiting for the Chinese to regroup and bang out the second release.

Have they given a release date for the coupe at all or is this just reckless speculation it is coming back? 

The Coupe was damaged while running it, we were told.  The roadsters were around for at least 8 to 12 months after the Coupe came and went. Why would they release the kit that is not higher in demand? 

8 hours ago, my80malibu said:

Did I miss something? To My knowledge this will be the second time around for the Roadster, and the Coupe was only issued Once so far.

I believe there was a another small run of the roadster after the coupe run was cut short. It used the same box art as the first run and has all the same parts.

2 hours ago, Fat Brian said:

I believe there was a another small run of the roadster after the coupe run was cut short. It used the same box art as the first run and has all the same parts.

The coupe and roadster kit shared roughly 75-80% of the tooling.     

My understanding is that whatever caused the production shortfall (insert your favorite theory here) applied to the entire tool, not just the Coupe portions. 

Stated another way, Revell could not have run the the roadster version without the entire tool being intact.

The roadster kit did seem to be readily available for a while after the Coupe issue sold out, but I suspect that was due to selling out the roadster kit stock that was already in the distribution system, not another production run of the roadster after the coupe production stoppage

Brian, that's my best understanding.  I don't expect we will ever hear an explanation directly from Revell on all this, but the above is my best understanding of the situation.....Cheers.....TIM  

Edited by tim boyd